Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade on a low budget

Last response: in CPUs
December 18, 2011 2:17:23 PM

hey guys
I would like to hear your suggestions regarding upgrading my processor and motherboard in a budget of $200 or (10000 inr).
I read so many forums and got extremely confused,what i thought regarding processor was to choose
955 BE or core i3 2100,
then i read about amd llano series (the apu ones),. as I am not planning to upgrading my graphics card at the moment,(only after i gets sufficient budget),I was thinking about going for that,
later i thought about the phenom x6 series and fx series in a range of 6k inr that is around $130,
So damn confused,and help me out with choosing a motherboard to.
I know this is not the first post regarding this, but still the they are bit old post
please help me out O:) 
regards

P.S read this article http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/PC-Gaming.htm

More about : upgrade low budget

a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
December 18, 2011 2:53:42 PM

here are your choices

AMD llano
pros - entry level gaming graphics that can be teamed with entry level gaming GPU for a solid boost. All in one APU for a basic gaming set - up.
cons - mediocre CPU performance, needs expensive RAM to reach full GPU potential, not a great platform for a high level gaming PC, mediocre upgrade path

intel socket 1155
pros - starting with the i3-2100, all the CPUs outperform AMD CPUs in gaming. very good upgrade path with i5- quads and i7-quads. H67 mobos are budget priced
cons - if you want to OC, you need an expensive mobo compared (P67 and Z68) to AMD. intel is not known for long term support of sockets.

AMD AM3+
pros - budget friendly feature rich mobos when compared to similar intel offerings. the phenom II x4 is still a solid gaming CPU capable of running any game. AMD is known for their long term support of sockets.

cons - after an OC phenom II x4 955, AMD offers little CPU gaming improvement. new bulldozer CPUs offer less performance then the old phenom II line. Small market share translates into less developer support.

If i was building a budget gaming platform I would go with an intel i3-2100, H67 mobo with four RAM sockets, and then the rest of my money into a GPU. If budget allows, I would upgrade the mobo to a P67 or Z68. Remember when it comes to gaming, the GPU is the key. So any of the above mentioned CPUs will do the job so I would look at upgrade paths.
m
l
December 18, 2011 3:10:11 PM

phenom II X4 955 BE got a quad core,. so do that matters ?
cause I am not planning to upgrade my processor any sooner ,
and also considering that 4 gb ram just costs in the range of $30,
And thanx for the fast reply :) 
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
December 18, 2011 3:19:09 PM

what exactly do you have now ?...... mobo/proc.ram.vid card/opsys., etc.
m
l
December 18, 2011 3:21:49 PM

I am planning to buy a motherboard with pretty good on-board and a processor,
So that i can upgrade my graphics card later, And I am planning to buy ram which comes outside the given budget,.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
December 18, 2011 3:28:19 PM

well that doesn't answer my question but what I think would do you best is the AMD APU.......... 3850 quad core, an inexpensive FM1 mobo and 4-8gig DDR3 1866 memory. If you can swing that you'll have the best "on board" video money can buy. the old stuff where the on board video was on the board itself can't come close to performance.

should say these were made to run W7 and will benefit from that.
m
l
December 18, 2011 3:31:54 PM

oh,. my processor is amd athlon 64 2800+ running on windows xp,

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/399?vs=289

and I was thinking about the combination of Intel DP67DE and core i3 2100 , or MSI H67MA-E35 (B3) or Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2
Else the phenom 955 BE combination (which is cheaper than the core i3 combinations ),
cause the apu lacks CPU performance ,.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2011 11:28:10 AM

If gaming is your priority, then you should know that the i3 2100 will be slightly faster than the 955 BE.
However, I would suggest that you get the 955 BE for overall increase in performance, it can be overclocked pretty easy, and is well within your budget.

Or if you dont want to spend money later on the graphics card, then get the 3850 APU.
m
l
December 20, 2011 8:18:10 AM

tanx guys,.
i am planning to do that and get a radeon 5770 :) 
m
l
!