Dual Boot Windows 7 & 8 preview?

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Hello I'm pretty new to computers and have built my first one and love it. My question:

I completed dual boot for windows 8 in newly partitioned drive on my Hdd. Can I access my programs from my primary Local disk drive C:where all my programs and Windows 7 are at? Or do I need to copy my programs to the new disk drive where my Windows 8 is located?

Also is it possible to make a triple boot by adding an additional OS, or does that cause complications? Thanks

Btw loving Windows 8!

Solution
Your question " Can I access my programs from my primary Local disk ...."
You can acess files on windows 7 partition from Windows 8 with NO problems and Visa versa. If your asking about running programs, NO you can not boot win 8 and run a program installed in win 7. Nor can you simply copy program files from on to the other, for them to run they must be "installed". Only exception are programs that do not require entries in the registry.

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

I just wanted to make sure using files from the other drive, on a dual boot system, wasn't going to cause complications.

Your question " Can I access my programs from my primary Local disk ...."
You can acess files on windows 7 partition from Windows 8 with NO problems and Visa versa. If your asking about running programs, NO you can not boot win 8 and run a program installed in win 7. Nor can you simply copy program files from on to the other, for them to run they must be "installed". Only exception are programs that do not require entries in the registry.

Solution

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

Thank you Chief. That makes sense. I guess I need to make the winnows 8 partition bigger to put programs in.