• Graphics Cards
  • AMD
  • Quadro
  • 3D
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 17, 2011 6:54:45 PM

i have an i5 2300 with 4gb ddr3 ram. my only work is making renders on 3d max with highest quality.
I am looking to buy a workstation 3d card and am stuck with only 2 choices.
Nvidia quadro 600 and amd firepro v4800. Both are available at exact same price. Technically amd has a better card with better specifications, but someone told me that nvidia has drivers specifically designed for 3d max while amd does not give much support. i have to get highest quality renders irrespective of time i.e only quality of renders must be considered. Plz help me to decide what i need.

More about : quadro 600 firepro v4800

September 6, 2011 6:20:47 PM

im23ran said:
i have an i5 2300 with 4gb ddr3 ram. my only work is making renders on 3d max with highest quality.
I am looking to buy a workstation 3d card and am stuck with only 2 choices.
Nvidia quadro 600 and amd firepro v4800. Both are available at exact same price. Technically amd has a better card with better specifications, but someone told me that nvidia has drivers specifically designed for 3d max while amd does not give much support. i have to get highest quality renders irrespective of time i.e only quality of renders must be considered. Plz help me to decide what i need.

I want to know also...
m
l
a c 178 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
September 7, 2011 5:41:24 PM

nVidia has a 3D Max optimized driver, AMD does not seem to. Does not mean nVidia will be better though, but Quadro has a better reputation aside from the driver question.
m
l
!