Fluid

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2004

I turn the quick launch bar on, but when i reboot it
doesn't show. So each time I boot up I have to turn it
back on.

Why wont it stay showing?

Hi,

You may try to download and run the following edit:

Save settings of exit (line 54, right column)

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Fluid" <batesc@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:2e7a301c46d37$2bd31860$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>I turn the quick launch bar on, but when i reboot it
> doesn't show. So each time I boot up I have to turn it
> back on.
>
> Why wont it stay showing?

kelly

In addition:

Quick Launch: Gives error message, Cannot Create Toolbar

Either download the .reg or .vbs from here or run my utility listed below it
to correct.
Note: If you already have my utility downloaded, you will need to
re-download for the added fix.

Cannot Create Toolbar - Quick Launch (Line 296)

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! Quick Launch - Repair

Quick Launch: Won't remain checked/present nor retains the sort order

Either check your settings here:

Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.

In the right pane under Userinit, Change the key to read:
C:\Windows\System32\Userinit.exe,

Or download and run the reg file on line 263 (right hand side)

Tip:

To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it
and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by
right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you
may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double click the vbs
file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP