Sign in with
Your question

Amber power button light on dell e510 (green light on motherboard)

Last response: in Systems
September 17, 2011 1:39:47 PM
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2011 2:39:49 PM

Amber often means the PC is in sleep mode. Holding space space for 4 seconds brings it back.

IF you mean you cannot boot then please say so, and describe what you do see and hear. Like disk spins up, monitor goes from standby to active but after the bios windows hangs.. or i hit the power button and other than these two lights nothing happens.

Here is a starting ref.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...
m
l
September 24, 2011 3:03:17 AM

tsnor said:
Amber often means the PC is in sleep mode. Holding space space for 4 seconds brings it back.

IF you mean you cannot boot then please say so, and describe what you do see and hear. Like disk spins up, monitor goes from standby to active but after the bios windows hangs.. or i hit the power button and other than these two lights nothing happens.

Here is a starting ref.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

thanks for the reference. no the system will not boot. i tried the dell site but it was no help...they tried to sell me service...lol..i found something googling that i am going to try concerning the sys. memory cards and will update...
m
l
June 29, 2014 2:36:52 AM

I solved this problem with an Optiplex 745 Midtower. I had just swapped out the processor. I removed an Intell Core 2 Quad (to put it in a GX780) and Installed a Core 2 Duo. and I could only get the amber power button light and fast fan along with mobo power light and NIC light.
==> My Solution: I replaced the CPU with an old LGA775 Pentium 4 and everything worked normal. My problem was a bad CPU. It must have gotten damaged during the cleaning & swap. I did try the Core 2 Duo again and the problem returned, swapped it and put the P4 back and it was fine again.
Basics on Building A Computer
To start off building your own computer is most ideal if it is going to be used for gaming. It is ideal because depending on what game you will be playing will depend on what parts you want to spend so much money on. A couple of good websites to use... See full content
m
l
Related resources
!