Opinions/Advice on my current build

Approximate Purchase Date: Its a work in progress.

Budget Range: $1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, streaming HD video, Music, Surfing the Web

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Windows, Speakers, Case, Power Supply

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: Brand Preferences are Intel, Nvidia, MSI, Asus, EVGA, Corsair, Mushkin, Crucial, Kingston

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: (1920x1080, 1920x1200)

Additional Comments: I have already purchased a new Case (Corsair 600t) and a 650watt Corsair Professional PSU

I know I want to use an i5 2500k, the rest I would like peoples opinions on.

Also, the types of games I will play on this are WoW, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Mass Effect 1,2 and 3 when it comes out, and an occasional FPS.
4 answers Last reply
More about opinions advice current build
  1. $1000 busget is in addition to what you already purchased right?
  2. TokyoGenesis said:
    Approximate Purchase Date: Its a work in progress.

Budget Range: $1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, streaming HD video, Music, Surfing the Web

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Windows, Speakers, Case, Power Supply

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: Brand Preferences are Intel, Nvidia, MSI, Asus, EVGA, Corsair, Mushkin, Crucial, Kingston

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: (1920x1080, 1920x1200)

Additional Comments: I have already purchased a new Case (Corsair 600t) and a 650watt Corsair Professional PSU

I know I want to use an i5 2500k, the rest I would like peoples opinions on.

Also, the types of games I will play on this are WoW, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Mass Effect 1,2 and 3 when it comes out, and an occasional FPS.

Never purchase your psu before you purchase your vid cards(s). Now you are limited to the cards that psu can push.
  3. I bought the Psu along with the case due to it being massively discounted as a combo. I dont plan on running ridiculously overpowered videocards so I dont forsee it being a huge deal. I got both the 600t corsair case and 650watt corsair psu for 214 shipped. So I saved quite a bit on the psu.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product