Sign in with
Your question

Connect PC to two monitors and one TV?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 17, 2011 8:00:58 PM

Hello, I'd like to connect my PC to my TV so that I can stream Bluray rips. I currently have a dual monitor setup using a GTS 8800 (Pre HDMI card). I see the newer cards have two DVI plus one HDMI out. Am I correct in thinking that if I just buy a new video card I should be able to connect everything up?

Thanks, Victor.

More about : connect monitors

a c 214 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 17, 2011 8:06:47 PM

Nvidia cards can only use 2 monitors at once.You will need to get a second card or buy an AMD/ATI card.AMD cards support 3 monitors natively.
m
l
July 17, 2011 11:21:53 PM

purple stank said:
Nvidia cards can only use 2 monitors at once.You will need to get a second card or buy an AMD/ATI card.AMD cards support 3 monitors natively.

If I go AMD, would this be using Eyefinity?

Sorry for the naivety, I haven't ever run a tri-monitor setup before and am having trouble understanding how it works. I basically want another unique desktop on the third monitor (the TV), that will only be used when I stream DVDs/Blurays to it. I use ultramon now and would like to continue doing so. I see that the Radeon 6770 has two DVI, one HDMI and one Display port. Would this card be fine for my use?

Thanks
m
l
Related resources
a c 214 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 18, 2011 6:20:52 PM

All AMD cards support 3 monitors.That can be used either with eyefinity or sepereate monitors.I think the 6770 would be perfect.Although you could even go as low as the 6670 if you wanted.
m
l
July 24, 2011 7:52:28 PM

how would I connect three monitors with a 6670? There is only 1 DVI and 1 HDMI? Do they make DVI splitters?
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 24, 2011 8:40:11 PM

Did you already buy the 6670?
m
l
!