Advice on Best HD 6950

Priox

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I've decided to get a HD 6950 for a new (first) build. I'm hoping to do xfire and will be getting one now and one in a month or so. There are several cards on Newegg that meet my $280 budget. None of these have many reviews, and I'm unsure what makes one better (or not better) than the other. Here is the list.

Any advice on reliability, different features, manufacturer's reputation, customer service , or what have you would be greatly appreciated.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
With unlocking to HD6970:
Look for an HD6950 that can be unlocked to an HD6970 (have it's extra unused stream processors used), then overclock a bit. You will have to do some digging and reading to find some, but I am sure there are some still on sale. Procedure to unlocking is here:
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/159

Without unlocking to HD6970:
Look at warranty, the fans, and user ratings (if you use NewEgg). You can then after look at the cheapest if you are satisfied at the warranty and user ratings, or the best priced with a pre-overclock (though overclocks can be EASILY achieved on a GPU and is almost NEVER recommended unless it has a substantial performance upgrade compared to factory settings). The fan is hard to tell, so you will have to look at the reviews, though usually they cost about $30 more, and aren't worth it even after an overclock.