Sign in with
Your question

GTX 560TI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 17, 2011 9:01:42 PM

Hi guys,

So I'm building my first gaming PC (currently only play WoW but building a PC for Diablo III and some other games). From what I've seen on these forums, the GTX 560Ti is one of the best cards on the market. I'm looking to connect two monitors (or one very large one :p ) to it. Would this be a good card for my needs and also, what brand should I go with? I hear ASUS is good but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

More about : gtx 560ti

a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2011 9:03:40 PM

What resolution? For 1920x1080 the 560 Ti is an excellent choice. Just don't buy a overpriced one that has a fancy cooler but costs $30 more.

If you want to get a 30" 2560x1600 monitor I'd suggest a HD 6970.
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2011 9:09:10 PM

yeah the nvidia 5 series is quiet enough without paying extra for a dcii or a twin frzr.....reference cards will do ya just fine......
Related resources
July 18, 2011 12:10:13 AM

Not sure what your budget is but look into the MSI Hawk or the MSI Twin Frozr 2. I did some research on 560 ti cards and both of them perform very well for the price.

MSI Hawk is probably the best OC'ed 560 Ti out there (when considering performance, cooling, noise, and price).

July 18, 2011 1:17:17 AM

chillin15 said:
Not sure what your budget is but look into the MSI Hawk or the MSI Twin Frozr 2. I did some research on 560 ti cards and both of them perform very well for the price.

MSI Hawk is probably the best OC'ed 560 Ti out there (when considering performance, cooling, noise, and price).

Thanks for this. Will look into it.
July 18, 2011 5:48:13 AM

Anymore feedback will be much appreciated.
July 18, 2011 5:15:15 PM

I have the EVGA Crysis 2 Edition of the 560 Ti. My resolution is 1920x1200 and I run it on a Core2Dual 6750 @ 3.4GHz with 4GB RAM. I would def go with EVGA brand wise.

I just installed the DX11 Patch and the Hi-Res textures for the game, and to give you an idea what this card can do, I can pretty much play the game smoothly (there are some times when it gets pretty choppy, but thats expected) at max settings with both Hi-Res and DX11 enabled. Granted, the game was coded for nVidia cards but having everything maxed with those options for a mid-range card, you can't get any better than that for price vs performance. I am planning on going SLI with those 2 cards when I build my SB system.
July 26, 2011 4:41:04 PM

Thanks a lot!

Quick question: If I do get the above graphics card, will I be able to connect three screens to it? If not, how can I do so?

Thanks!
July 26, 2011 4:54:42 PM

IIRC You need to be running SLI for more than 2 monitors.

EDIT: Or just another card will do...
July 26, 2011 5:36:54 PM

Katzie said:
IIRC You need to be running SLI for more than 2 monitors.

EDIT: Or just another card will do...

Thanks so much!

So, if I'm not mistaken, if I buy two moniters with this graphics card, all I need to do is plug them in? And will this allow me to have a multi-display system? Meaning, I can have two different programs running on each moniter?

Thanks!
July 26, 2011 6:12:55 PM

Yes, you can run 2 monitors with that card. You can either use DVI+DVI or DVI+HDMI but not all 3. Depends on your programs, are you talking about gaming on both? If so, I wouldn't go over 1080p and also I would play them at moderate settings. But anything else is fair game.
July 26, 2011 7:36:02 PM

Katzie said:
Yes, you can run 2 monitors with that card. You can either use DVI+DVI or DVI+HDMI but not all 3. Depends on your programs, are you talking about gaming on both? If so, I wouldn't go over 1080p and also I would play them at moderate settings. But anything else is fair game.

Gaming on one (mostly WoW on ultra settings) and maybe a movie on the other or some music. I was thinking of getting two of these screens: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO...

What do you think?
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 26, 2011 7:39:07 PM

Katzie said:

Gaming over two screens is not a feature supported by Nvidia cards.
July 26, 2011 7:39:45 PM

I won't be gaming on two. Just one and maybe a movie or something on another.
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 26, 2011 7:51:03 PM

nsol said:
I won't be gaming on two. Just one and maybe a movie or something on another.

Yes I saw that which is why I quoted Katzie as that is who I was replying to in order to let them know that Nvidia and ATi/AMD cards do not share the same feature set.
July 26, 2011 8:03:46 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Yes I saw that which is why I quoted Katzie as that is who I was replying to in order to let them know that Nvidia and ATi/AMD cards do not share the same feature set.

Ah apologies :) .
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 26, 2011 8:07:25 PM

nsol said:
Ah apologies :) .

No worries.
July 27, 2011 6:08:44 PM

Let me re-phrase, I meant having 2 instances of a game on each monitor. Say I have a instance of Crysis 2 on 1 screen and Starcraft 2 on another. I did not mean stretching over 2 monitors for eyefinity or whatever you call it (which is ATI I think).

Yeah, I am pretty sure the 560 Ti will do just fine for that. I will hook up my 2nd monitor when I get home and play a HD movie while playing Crysis 2 and see how that pans out and I'll get back to you on the performance. My second monitor is 1650x1080 (I think? only 20 inch) so it wont be true 1080p like you have but that shouldn't matter for movies I don't think. As for general tasks and websurfing and all that, it should be perfect for you.
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 27, 2011 6:12:03 PM

Katzie said:
Let me re-phrase, I meant having 2 instances of a game on each monitor. Say I have a instance of Crysis 2 on 1 screen and Starcraft 2 on another. I did not mean stretching over 2 monitors for eyefinity or whatever you call it (which is ATI I think).

I don't think that is possible, in fact I'm pretty sure that would not be possible.
July 27, 2011 6:20:42 PM

Would those games work with SLI? I am pretty sure lighter games would work on both monitors... I haven't tried since back when I had 2 8800GTXs (no SLI).
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 27, 2011 6:25:56 PM

Katzie said:
Would those games work with SLI? I am pretty sure lighter games would work on both monitors... I haven't tried since back when I had 2 8800GTXs (no SLI).

Crysis 2 has full SLi support and runs really well on a pair of GTX560Ti's in either DX9 or DX11 but it won't run on dual monitors with Nvidia cards as dual monitor gaming is just not supported, end.
July 27, 2011 6:28:35 PM

Thank you for clarifying.
July 27, 2011 10:43:38 PM

You'll be fine with a 2 monitor set-up with the 560 Ti. I have Crysis 2 Fullscreen at 1920x1200 on lowest settings and also running at the same time on my extended desktop on my other monitor Heroes of Newerth at max settings in windowed mode at 1650x1080. mousemonkey is right about not being able to run 2 games FULLSCREEN at once, which I didn't think I clarified correctly.

Time to dual-box MMO's again... :0)
!