Gigabyte ep45 ud3p will not boot with PCI-E Card installed

Hello,

Have read these forums for awhile now and I need a bit of help. Problem is that the pc will not boot up when the 8800 ultra is installed in either PCI-E slot. If I remove the card, the pc boots all the way up as I can hear the windows startup through my speakers. When I have the gfx card installed I get no bleeps and the phase LED lights all stay lit. systems specs are :

Antec 900 Case
Gigabyte ep45-ud3p
QX9650 CPU
4 x 1gb corsair dhx xms2
inno 3d 8800 ultra
corsair 650hx PSU
Thermalright ultra extreme HSF

I get no beeps when the error occurs, and can not hear any activity from the HDD's. All fans power up but no other activity. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte ep45 ud3p boot card installed
  1. Probably your graphics card is damaged. Can you check it on another computer? If not - get it to a repair shop.
  2. pepe2907 said:
    Probably your graphics card is damaged. Can you check it on another computer? If not - get it to a repair shop.
    Hi Pepe. Thanks for the reply. I don't have an option to check the graphics card in another pc. I may just order a cheap gfx card to test. Also noticed that the graphics card fan spins initially and then powers stops after 5 seconds.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Boot PCI Express Systems