Finally broke down and brought i7-2600k, need the rest.

Well, found a new i7-2600k at a very reasonable price. This is what I have so far for a new build.
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL
2-SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
1-750GB Western Digital Black HD
128 kingston V100 128GB SSD
1920x1080 24" Monitor
Windows 7 x64 ultimate
Blu ray drive
I plan to video editing, gaming, watching movies, research work.
Maybe crossfire
Yes Overclocking but not too extreme
What I need now is Computer Case, Motherboard and video card.
I'm not into "money's no object" mood.
Need this soon since my computer is on it's last leg.
Would like to have a usb 3.0 header on motherboard and front panel instead of having to plug it to the back of the case.
Maybe use video chip on motherboard and wait for video card to get down to a decent price.
Thank you!
20 answers Last reply
More about finally broke brought 2600k rest
  1. Computer Case, Motherboard and video card <---- What's your total budget for said components ?
  2. Oh, I like to use Newegg, Amazon, tigerdirect. Anywhere that I can get sales and not pay full price.
  3. Why_Me said:
    Computer Case, Motherboard and video card <---- What's your total budget for said components ?

    $450.00 but if I could get it under that, I would be one happy camper.
  4. I know that isn't much so maybe I can wait on a video card and get a qualiy one when prices come down
  5. irishred said:
    $450.00 but if I could get it under that, I would be one happy camper.

    One other question. What size is your current psu? Your vid card set up is going to be dependent on the psu.
  6. Why_Me said:
    One other question. What size is your current psu? Your vid card set up is going to be dependent on the psu.

    Oh shoot, I forgot to mention I need a Psu too. Well, that will upped my budget, hun? I was thinking of cosair HX850. They go on sale often, right?
  7. I also like a side window case and filters for dust (live out in the country). I don't care about color coordinated my PC since my rams are red.
  8. One other question: How do I check the components to see if any of them are defective. I only have one computer and a dying one at that.
  9. irishred said:
    Oh shoot, I forgot to mention I need a Psu too. Well, that will upped my budget, hun? I was thinking of cosair HX850. They go on sale often, right?

    That HX850 goes for $170 on newegg, so that leaves you $280 for a case, gpu, and motherboard.

    You might want to do some pricing on the components you want/need.
  10. irishred said:
    Well, found a new i7-2600k at a very reasonable price. This is what I have so far for a new build.
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL
    2-SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    1-750GB Western Digital Black HD
    128 kingston V100 128GB SSD
    1920x1080 24" Monitor
    Windows 7 x64 ultimate
    Blu ray drive
    I plan to video editing, gaming, watching movies, research work.
    Maybe crossfire
    Yes Overclocking but not too extreme
    What I need now is Computer Case, Motherboard and video card.
    I'm not into "money's no object" mood.
    Need this soon since my computer is on it's last leg.
    Would like to have a usb 3.0 header on motherboard and front panel instead of having to plug it to the back of the case.
    Maybe use video chip on motherboard and wait for video card to get down to a decent price.
    Thank you!

    Forgot to add, need a PSU prefer modular
  11. OK, Ok, so maybe I was a "Tad" little naive about the prices today. I am to going hold off in buying a video card until prices come down in a month or so and use the video chip in my motherboard or cpu. Here are the rest of what I'd like to complete my build. Would like to know if they are compatiable. If I could do better, please let me know.
    Corsair Graphite Series 600T CC600TM Mid-Tower Gaming Case
    Item #: N82E16811139007
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy -$10.00 Instant

    $20.00 Mail-in Rebate Card11-139-007
    $169.99
    $159.99
    1
    High Current Pro HCP-850 850W TX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular ...
    Item #: N82E16817371053
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Item #: N82E16813128506
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy -$20.00 Instant
    -$60.00 Combo

    $30.00 Mail-in Rebate17-371-053
    $399.98
    $319.98
    Subtotal: $479.97
  12. irishred said:
    Well, found a new i7-2600k at a very reasonable price. This is what I have so far for a new build.
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL
    2-SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    1-750GB Western Digital Black HD
    128 kingston V100 128GB SSD
    1920x1080 24" Monitor
    Windows 7 x64 ultimate
    Blu ray drive
    I plan to video editing, gaming, watching movies, research work.
    Maybe crossfire
    Yes Overclocking but not too extreme
    What I need now is Computer Case, Motherboard and video card.
    I'm not into "money's no object" mood.
    Need this soon since my computer is on it's last leg.
    Would like to have a usb 3.0 header on motherboard and front panel instead of having to plug it to the back of the case.
    Maybe use video chip on motherboard and wait for video card to get down to a decent price.
    Thank you!

    I picked out PSU and Motherboard combo which is in the comments below.
    And this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-Sleeve-RR-B10-212P-G1/dp/B002G1YPH0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1316292292&sr=1-1
    This will not cause any space problems with the case, rams and motherboard?
  13. The cost so far is about $520.00 (motherboard, PSU, Case and Hyper plus 212) without a video card. Maybe just use onboard video until prices come down. I would like 2GB 6950 video card. Would like someone to please see if I can have the same qualily items for cheaper?
  14. I'm not sure why you want an 850w psu for dual 6950's seeing how a 650w psu will push two of those cards even though a 750w is what's recommended if you plan on o/c and adding extra drives and fans. AMD cards run hot, but they don't require much juice.

    This psu down below is manufactured by Seasonic...as are most Corsair psu's, and it sales on the XFX site for $10 cheaper than on newegg.

    http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Products/PSU/Pro-Series/750W-PSU.aspx?product=34605 $119.99
    XFX PRO750W XXX Edition Semi-Modular 80Plus Silver 750 Watt Power Supply

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207016 <------ see that psu there

    Here's two cases with great cooling/airflow and plenty of room to work with. Both cases also have front USB 3.0 ports. Side cooling is a big thing if your running dual cards and both these cases offer that. The first case down below comes with a 200mm side fan.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139009 $129.99 FREE SHIPPING
    Corsair Carbide Series 500R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139008 $99.99 - $89.99 after mail-in rebate card FREE SHIPPING
    Corsair Carbide Series 400R Graphite grey and black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case
  15. Thanks for your suggestions.
    I like the case you suggest but has no reviews.
    The combo deal only cost me $12.00 more.
    $320.00 combo deal which saved me $60.00
    includes the motherboard and 850w modular psu. with
    $290.00 total include the $30.00 rebate.

    Buy these separately cost me
    Gigabyte motherboard $179.00
    xfx psu 129.00
    combine cost $308
    $288.00 total include $20.00 rebate
  16. irishred said:
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    I like the case you suggest but has no reviews.
    The combo deal only cost me $12.00 more.
    $320.00 combo deal which saved me $60.00
    includes the motherboard and 850w modular psu. with
    $290.00 total include the $30.00 rebate.

    Buy these separately cost me
    Gigabyte motherboard $179.00
    xfx psu 129.00
    combine cost $308
    $288.00 total include $20.00 rebate

    Is there a reason all your components have to come from newegg?
  17. Why_Me said:
    Is there a reason all your components have to come from newegg?

    Well, I am buying hyper plus 212 from amazon. jk, I checked around and found most of the items to be the best prices. I'm open to other sites that have resonable ratings as sellers.
  18. LIAN LI Lancool PC-K57 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112318
    $70

    ASRock Z68 PRO3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157251
    $105

    CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 (CMPSU-650HX) 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular ...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012
    $120

    $285 total

    Idk about the cost of it with rebates, i dont know your budget etheir but those are so pretty good parts.
  19. Motherboard : ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Z68 - $125
    Graphics : XFX HD-695X-ZNDC Radeon HD 6950 - $210
    PSU : XFX Core Edition PRO850W (P1-850S-NLB9) 850W - $90
    Case : Rosewill ARMOR Gaming ATX Mid Tower - $80

    Total : $505 after rebates
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Intel i7 Systems Product