Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best brand for 560 ti GTX

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 17, 2011 10:49:13 PM

I would go for the MSI Hawk, very good brand and are built very well.
If you can find a Twin frozr version that would be better.
Score

Best solution

a c 540 U Graphics card
July 17, 2011 11:42:17 PM

The Palit NE5X56T01142-1041F is a reference clocked (822MHz) GeForce GTX 560 Ti. For the price that that it is being sold for I wouldn't consider this one.

The MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk with Twin Frozr III and the ZOTAC AMP! ZT-50302-10M are both factory overclocked to 950MHz.

The MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk with Twin Frozr III consumes less power than the ZOTAC AMP! ZT-50302-10M but the ZOTAC AMP! has better performance. I would choose the ZOTAC AMP! ZT-50302-10M for its better performance and lower price.
Related resources
July 17, 2011 11:51:15 PM

why zotac is better than Msi Hawk Version in performance?
Score
July 18, 2011 12:00:31 AM

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4049/msi_geforce_gtx_5...

"Something else that really stands out on the HAWK version of the GTX 560 Ti is the 950MHz out of the box core clock. So often we see MSI opt for a lower out of the box clock speed and instead give you the tools to make it the fastest card in that price bracket. Here today, though, we've got an exceptionally strong out of the box overclock so in the event you don't want to overclock you get a card that will not only perform fast out of the box, but also cool exceptionally well thanks to that Twin Frozr III cooler.

As always, MSI don't disappoint and we've got ourselves a really great GTX 560 Ti on our hands that people will no doubt want to get their hands on."

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/msi_560gtx_hawk...

"The Hawk threw down with cards that were supposed to be more capable and even came out ahead in some scenarios while matching them in others. With all of the features this card could easily fit in to the advanced overclocking crowd while still blending in with with regular users and enthusiasts. It has the price and performance ratio covered well."

I looked at a lot of video cards and ultimately went with the Radeon 6950 but if I were to choose a GTX 560 ti card it would be the hawk hands down.

The MSI cooler and name is much better than the .5-1% increase in performance (if even that) with the Zotac. The Zotac is a budget brand/value brand and personally, I wouldn't put that in a new system.
Score
a c 540 U Graphics card
July 18, 2011 12:01:35 AM

BERSEKER117 said:
why zotac is better than Msi Hawk Version in performance?

Msi uses a custom PCB (Printed Circuit Board). To achieve lower power consumption something had to have been scaled back and I would say it's performance because the memory clock operates at 1050 MHz where Zotac's memory clock is 1100 MHz giving the Zotac a memory bandwidth advantage.
Score
July 18, 2011 12:05:39 AM

Also, Zotac is very noisy:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_56...

Under load the fan ends up being very noisy though. One of the reasons is that the card has a much higher power draw than the normal GTX 560 Ti - and all that energy gets turned into heat, so the cooler needs to work harder.

Since I'm all about keeping the noise down, this is another negative.
Score
a c 540 U Graphics card
July 18, 2011 12:08:37 AM

chillin15 said:
The MSI cooler and name is much better than the .5-1% increase in performance (if even that) with the Zotac. The Zotac is a budget brand/value brand and personally, I wouldn't put that in a new system.

It's more like a 5% performance advantage for the Zotac over the MSI.
Score
July 18, 2011 12:11:48 AM

ko888 said:
It's more like a 5% performance advantage for the Zotac over the MSI.

I would like to see the benchmark that goes with that statement.
Score
a c 540 U Graphics card
July 18, 2011 12:14:14 AM

chillin15 said:
I would like to see the benchmark that goes with that statement.

Since you were just at TechPowerUp.com look at the reviews of both cards and compare them.
Score
July 18, 2011 12:19:58 AM

Hmm, in the review I cited, techpowerup compares the zotac with the reference 560 ti and the hawk is no reference card..
Score
a c 540 U Graphics card
July 18, 2011 12:22:14 AM

chillin15 said:
Hmm, in the review I cited, techpowerup compares the zotac with the reference 560 ti and the hawk is no reference card..

Look at TechPowerUp's review of the Hawk compared to the reference card and and interpolate since the reference card is the baseline.
Score
July 18, 2011 12:35:32 AM

I only like to compare results within the same benchmark. Comparing two different reviews cannot account for a wide range of variables including system setups, drivers, temps, etc. With that being said, the Zotac has a higher memory clock ~ 50 mhz so it does perform better. It's not worth the trade off though...

Here are some more reviews:
http://www.futuremark.com/news/59350_nvidia_geforce_gtx...

"At one time Zotac was the only manufacturer offering a GeForce GTX 560 Ti overclocked up to 950 MHz, most others were 850 and 900 MHz overclocks. Now 2 other manufacturers offer this card at the 950 Mhz overclock. The only real difference you are going to see between the 3 cards is the cooler and shroud designs. "

The Gigabyte SOC (original SOC) performs better than both but is quite unstable (from many customer reviews).

The MSI is your best bet in terms of performance, cooling, noise, and price.
Score
a c 540 U Graphics card
July 18, 2011 12:47:55 AM

The exact same test system setup, graphics card drivers and benchmarks were used with both cards.

I'm not a fanboy of any of those brands but I'm not going to mislead the OP either.

I'll provide the information and let the OP decide.

MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1 GB review :

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_560_Twin_Fro...

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 Ti AMP! Edition 1 GB review:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_56...
Score
Anonymous
July 22, 2011 2:21:12 AM

I have 2 rules for buying a video card. Anything starting at a gtx 460 and above must have 2 fans or its gonna be loud and hot. Second, i wont buy any card clocked over 900mhz. i think youre just asking for trouble. From all the reviews i've read, the twin frozr II cooler is probably the best. It is so easy to overclock the card by moving the sliders in afterburner or precision tuner. Right now i am trying to decide between a gtx 560, 560ti, and a 570, in a twin frozr II. i'm leaning toward the 570.
Score
Anonymous
July 22, 2011 2:26:54 AM

ko888 said:
Msi uses a custom PCB (Printed Circuit Board). To achieve lower power consumption something had to have been scaled back and I would say it's performance because the memory clock operates at 1050 MHz where Zotac's memory clock is 1100 MHz giving the Zotac a memory bandwidth advantage.

the memory clock is just a matter of moving the sliders to the right, or left.
Score
Anonymous
July 22, 2011 2:33:43 AM

I have purchased 3 Zotac cards so far, all lower end cards. They are high quality and generally look good. But they really dropped the ball on their higher end cards because they are sticking to a single fan design. They recently came out with a GTX 560 with a twin fan design. But I want to see whats under the shroud. It should have a minimun of 4 heat pipes.
Score
July 22, 2011 2:37:18 AM

Best answer selected by berseker117.
Score
Anonymous
July 22, 2011 2:54:26 AM

The only real way to compare video cards is to clock them all at the same speed. Out of the box speeds vary. Thats why novice buyers tend to buy higher clocked cards thinking they are faster. I recently bought a zotac gtx 550 ti. it is clocked at 900-1800-2052 and the default voltage is 1075mv. So i decided to clock my gtx 460 to the same speeds. big improvement. the 460's default clock speed is 760 on the core. the 550 ti will clock to 1ghz and beyond however i cant get the 460 much past 920 or so. the voltage is severely capped so i would have to flash the bios to change it. im not ready for that.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 22, 2011 12:43:43 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!