????? ?? Kelly Need help.Again. Lost Picture & fax viewer

I've used your Picture & Fax restore and it doesn't help.

I've tried to use it in the find program with no luck. Just a big clunk.

Which means to me the file thats used is gone.. Can yiu or somebody
tell me what file is run or used too open the MS Picture & Fax viewer.

Appreciated the help. John

Curly--

Try this:

1) Start>run>enter REGSRVR32 SHIGVM.DLL

2) Or to regain the file association try:

Start>Run regsrvr 32 %windir%\system32\shigvm.dll>enter

If that doesn't work, download this from Doug Knox's site:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_easy_file.htm

Doug Knox's Site:

http://www.dougknox.com/

hth,

Chad Harris

__________________________________

<Curly@me.com> wrote in message news:NmIKc.3559$Qv4.1262@lakeread03...
> I've used your Picture & Fax restore and it doesn't help.
>
> I've tried to use it in the find program with no luck. Just a big clunk.
>
> Which means to me the file thats used is gone.. Can yiu or somebody
> tell me what file is run or used too open the MS Picture & Fax viewer.
>
> Appreciated the help. John

kelly

It isn't a program, it is a .dll

Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

If this doesn't help, re-download the restore edit on line 80, it will
restore the image association:

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP