Solved

Can someone pls suggest a psu for my pc config?

config:
Intel pentium dual core e5300 2.6ghz
Gigabyte g41m2esl motherboard
1x2gb ddr2 ram 800mhz
500gb sata hard disk
Current gpu: xfx nvidia 8400gs
Current psu: stock 300w with 14A on 12v

Now, i have bought a new gpu, xfx nvidia gt240. Consequently i plan to upgrade my psu. So pls suggest a good psu around 400-450 watt priced at Rs. 500-1000(20$). Iball and vip will do. But will they be sufficient? I dont mind disconnecting my dvd-rom n floppydrive to conserve power. Pls dont suggest corsair or cooler master unless they are under Rs1000 as it will be out of my budget otherwise.
Thank you.
:)
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about suggest config
  1. If you insist on going low-cost, don't be surprised when your PC starts failing with dead components. A PSU is the only component that, if it fails, can take out ALL your other components.
  2. I have a fair bit of idea about that. but the thing is that i aint thinking long term as i ll soon be leaving for a new college and will get a laptop then. this is just an adjustment for around 6 months after which i ll probably sell my rig.
  3. wolverine12 said:
    I have a fair bit of idea about that. but the thing is that i aint thinking long term as i ll soon be leaving for a new college and will get a laptop then. this is just an adjustment for around 6 months after which i ll probably sell my rig.

What you are saying is that it doesn't matter to you. If that is the case, then just get any $20 psu.. :ange:
  4. clarkjd said:
    What you are saying is that it doesn't matter to you. If that is the case, then just get any $20 psu.. :ange:

any? thats a bit too vague. i wanna be spared the thinking part. also it should last atleast 6 months.
  5. I don't know of any good $20 PSUs. That's the beauty of $20 PSUs, You don't have to think, They are all the same... :^(
  6. hmmm..okay..thanks anyways..
  7. Best answer
    For a system using a single GeForce GT 240 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 300 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 18 Amps or greater.
  8. thanx :)
  9. will a FSP SAGA II 350 350W be fine??
  10. Best answer selected by wolverine12.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Configuration Components Product