Hi everyone. I have an Asus Z77 Sabertooth (I got a good deal) and I would like advice on a CPU cooler.
The cooler must
1) Fit as neatly as possible in the mobo
2) Perform extremely well as I have a 2600k @ 4.5GHz and live in North Queensland, Australia.
3) Not be overly loud. Noise is OK, Jet engine is not
4) Clear high profile RAM. (My current V6GT doesn't although it cools very well).
5) Not swivel about in mount or have a horrible mounting system (Hence my reason for changing however I plan on using the fans in my HAF-922 case and the heat sink as a back up)
6) Price to be under $100 but preferably in below $70 AU
I would like suggestions only on the cooler. This is for a simulation, CAD machine as well as everyday use, and yes a little gaming. Many thanks.
Wow, the 212 is a boss. I should have got that first. I wish I was on this forum when I built my pc (which was my first ever), then I wouldn't be having these problems. Thanks heaps. If you or anyone else has a better solution, I am all ears.