Sign in with
Your question
Closed

OS does not fill up entire screen of new monitor "Black border"

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 18, 2011 2:42:15 PM

I just got a Sumsung S22A350 but sometimes, the OS shows the resolution is 1920 x 1080 but not the entire screen is filled. Its as it the "OS Screen" has a "black border", hope you get what I mean. This happens sometimes both in Ubuntu & Windows 7 x64

I find that when I change to some lower resolution, the entire screen is filled but stretched.
a b C Monitor
July 18, 2011 2:55:39 PM

How are you connecting to the monitor? HDMI or VGA?
Score
July 18, 2011 2:59:40 PM

not sure if this may lead to an answer but my 2nd monitor does that when under the "extend desktop to this display" option.....if i use it as my primary display it displays correctly.....very confusing
Score
Related resources
July 18, 2011 3:38:16 PM

This always happens to me when I output the video from PC to TV via HDMI. I have to change the scaling in the ATI CCC.
Score
July 20, 2011 5:01:59 AM

Go into Catalyst Control Center > My Digital Flat Panels > Scaling Options (Digital Flat-panel) and reduce overscan to 0%.

This is of course if you've not already sorted this issue, best of luck to you :) 
Score
September 7, 2012 6:01:40 PM

Vortron said:
Go into Catalyst Control Center > My Digital Flat Panels > Scaling Options (Digital Flat-panel) and reduce overscan to 0%.

This is of course if you've not already sorted this issue, best of luck to you :) 

HAHAHAHA YOU ARE A GENIUS! Sorry for the caps but I have been trying to fix this forever and nobody has fixed it until you. I am in your debt sir. The only problem is I am so used to it now my screen looks to big...
Score
a b C Monitor
September 7, 2012 7:19:24 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!