Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte z77x-ud5h or Msi Z77 Mpower

Last response: in Motherboards
October 1, 2012 12:38:34 PM

Hi all im new here. :D 
Soon i i will start building my new PC.The problem is i cant decide between 2 motherboards.
I was about to buy the Gigabyte z77x-ud5h,when i saw Msi Z77 Mpower.

I wanna ask for your help to choose between this motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

and this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Any advice would be helpful.

a c 87 V Motherboard
October 1, 2012 1:58:46 PM

Both are very good pick the one you favor mate i would choose the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H because i have not had good luck with msi mobos but doesn't mean that you will so just pick the one you like best
Related resources
a c 75 V Motherboard
October 1, 2012 2:16:39 PM

the msi probably wont ever have a DOA since they individually test them. both are good.my other selection would be the asus z77-v pro.
October 1, 2012 2:22:41 PM

The UD5H is a better bang for your buck. The UDH5 has every bell and whistle for a really good price. It overclocks well, runs cool, and does all this for under $200. It's a very sexy board with the flat black and white. The heat sinks look really good, they are anodized blue with aluminum trim. Looks a lot better in person than from the photos.

That being said I've had 2 that needed to be replaced already for a dead BIOS. I plan on replacing it with a GD65.

I really like the MPower, but having only 6 SATA ports just won't work for me. I know they were trying to keep costs down, but every other board in this class has 8 SATA ports. I would have preferred they skipped the cheap wifi and gave us more SATA ports. You can pick up a really good wifi card for less than what they charge to build it into the board.
a c 75 V Motherboard
October 1, 2012 2:55:54 PM

the only thing that i dont really like about the ud5h is the inlcuded software. asus does a better job at that. same with msi
October 1, 2012 3:37:40 PM

Thank you all for your quick response!

I always prefer Gigabyte but this time im in dilemma.The price between the 2 motherboards in my country is about the same (Greece).

Things that i liked in Mpower is the look and that they test them with prime95. The only issue that i heard in newegg comments is Mvp not working properly on.

Pff difficult decision to make,but thank you all for your help. :) 

a c 75 V Motherboard
October 1, 2012 3:45:49 PM

hardly anyone uses MVP. i just use it so that i can use quick sync to encode my movies
a b V Motherboard
October 1, 2012 4:20:47 PM

Both the MPower and the UD5H have great reviews. If you're more of a gamer, I say you go for the MPower, but if you're a normal gamer, not much of an enthusiast, you'll be more than happy with the UD5H. You could also consider getting The ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO which imo, is better than both of them.
October 2, 2012 11:05:06 AM

I think i will proceed with the Gigabyte board. :D 

Thank you for your help!
a c 75 V Motherboard
October 2, 2012 11:06:28 AM

no problem
!