Sign in with
Your question

What case do you recommend for me?

Last response: in Components
December 19, 2011 6:22:27 PM

I'm planning to build a new gaming rig within a few months and decided to start selecting my parts. I'm stuck on the case though. I was looking at the Corsair 800D but from what I've read it doesn't do a very good job of air cooling. Since I don't plan on water cooling anything it seems this case won't be great for me. Plus the $250 price tag is a lot more than I planned on spending on a case but the aesthetics of this case made me not care about the price. So I'm looking for a case that has a similar look to the 800D but offers better air cooling and a much better price tag. I had originally planned a budget of about $150 for the case give or take $20 or so.

So in order of importance this is what I'm looking for in a case:
Sleek looks (similar to the 800D)
Good air cooling
~ $150 price range
Large, nice-looking side window - The 800D has one of the sexiest windows I've seen (I'm willing to forget about a window for an exceptional case though)
Would like a full-tower but a nice sized mid size should be plenty
USB 3.0 ports

The hardware that the case will be housing is:
ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
Intel i5 2500k
HD 6970 (undecided on which brand)
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB 1600
Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 7200RPM
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

More about : case recommend

a b ) Power supply
December 31, 2011 8:48:33 PM

Shavako said:
I'm planning to build a new gaming rig within a few months and decided to start selecting my parts. I'm stuck on the case though. I was looking at the Corsair 800D but from what I've read it doesn't do a very good job of air cooling. Since I don't plan on water cooling anything it seems this case won't be great for me. Plus the $250 price tag is a lot more than I planned on spending on a case but the aesthetics of this case made me not care about the price. So I'm looking for a case that has a similar look to the 800D but offers better air cooling and a much better price tag. I had originally planned a budget of about $150 for the case give or take $20 or so.

So in order of importance this is what I'm looking for in a case:
Sleek looks (similar to the 800D)
Good air cooling
~ $150 price range
Large, nice-looking side window - The 800D has one of the sexiest windows I've seen (I'm willing to forget about a window for an exceptional case though)
Would like a full-tower but a nice sized mid size should be plenty
USB 3.0 ports

The hardware that the case will be housing is:
ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
Intel i5 2500k
HD 6970 (undecided on which brand)
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB 1600
Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 7200RPM
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

i also like the corsair graphite 600TM case..

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
m
l
a c 110 ) Power supply
December 31, 2011 8:51:48 PM

Corsair 650D!
m
l
!