Suggestions to upgrade from NVIDIA 420 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormcrowofRohan

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Hola,

I've recently purchased a PC from Dell, please hold the rotten fruit and vegetables, and I'm a little dissatisfied with its performance. From what my Windows performance ratings suggest, the worst aspect of my PC is my NVIDIA 1GB GT420, which by far has the lowest score (5.7). I'm looking for an upgrade option at about a $200 price range.

SPECS:
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8GHz x4
6GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz
1TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM
I'm running Windows 7. If there's any other information you need I'll add it here. I'm not very knowledgeable with computers.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Near future
BUDGET RANGE: ~ USD $200 (If there's an amazingly better one for cheaper then I'm sold. :) )

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming [Everquest 2, Half Life 2, Portal 2, Diablo III, etc.] , I also use it to watch movies, I have a blue ray drive.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: (e.g., NVIDIA GeForce GT 420 and I don't know what power supply I have)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: I don't care, I'm just looking for models and ideas.

PARTS PREFERENCES: NVIDIA only definitely.

OVERCLOCKING: I don't care, and I haven't bothered before

MONITOR RESOLUTION: (1920x1080)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: (I may end up gettind dual video cars for games like Final Fantasy XIV. I only have one monitor.)

REMEMBER: The more information we have about your system, your budget, and what you're using the card for, the better the advice we can give you - providing it up front gets you your answers and puts a card in your hands that much faster!

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

PS - I recently ran the Final Fantasy 14 benchmark and got a 1150 out of 9000+. :( EQ2 doesn't really run very well, either, but I blame the game itself for that

Solution

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.