Bluetooth range

Last response: in Technologies
July 7, 2004 3:33:27 PM

Always lead to belive it was restricted to 10 metres But I can contact other
BT phones up to 70 yards away with My V600 anyone else find this?

More about : bluetooth range

Anonymous
July 7, 2004 5:21:51 PM

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 11:33:27 +0000, Melv wrote:

> Always lead to belive it was restricted to 10 metres

Yup you should on average get about 10 metres out of BT, but it can be
more, can be less.

> But I can contact other
> BT phones up to 70 yards away with My V600 anyone else find this?

Line-of-sight ?

I found I can get upto about 30 metres line-of-sight with a Nokia 6310i
and a SE HBH headset. But if I get one of our steel reinforced
concrete office building walls between with the headset and phone I'm
lucky to get 3 metres range.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 11:50:46 PM

Hi,

Bluetooth works with radio signals in the 2.4 GHz band.
The distance you get is very much dependent on local circumstances.
In ideal situations we can reach over 300 meters with BT class 2 (10 mW),
but in practical situations it is between 3 and 15 meters.

Radio can not be limited to a certain distance. The max. output power is
limited, but that doesn't say a lot about distance...

Bernd

"michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> schreef in bericht
news:p an.2004.07.07.12.22.32.529000@ivetva.arg...

!