Bluetooth range

Always lead to belive it was restricted to 10 metres But I can contact other
BT phones up to 70 yards away with My V600 anyone else find this?
2 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth range

    On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 11:33:27 +0000, Melv wrote:

    > Always lead to belive it was restricted to 10 metres

    Yup you should on average get about 10 metres out of BT, but it can be
    more, can be less.

    > But I can contact other
    > BT phones up to 70 yards away with My V600 anyone else find this?

    Line-of-sight ?

    I found I can get upto about 30 metres line-of-sight with a Nokia 6310i
    and a SE HBH headset. But if I get one of our steel reinforced
    concrete office building walls between with the headset and phone I'm
    lucky to get 3 metres range.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    Hi,

    Bluetooth works with radio signals in the 2.4 GHz band.
    The distance you get is very much dependent on local circumstances.
    In ideal situations we can reach over 300 meters with BT class 2 (10 mW),
    but in practical situations it is between 3 and 15 meters.

    Radio can not be limited to a certain distance. The max. output power is
    limited, but that doesn't say a lot about distance...

    Bernd

    "michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> schreef in bericht
    > On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 11:33:27 +0000, Melv wrote:
    >
    > > Always lead to belive it was restricted to 10 metres
    >
    > Yup you should on average get about 10 metres out of BT, but it can be
    > more, can be less.
    >
    > > But I can contact other
    > > BT phones up to 70 yards away with My V600 anyone else find this?
    >
    > Line-of-sight ?
    >
    > I found I can get upto about 30 metres line-of-sight with a Nokia 6310i
    > and a SE HBH headset. But if I get one of our steel reinforced
    > concrete office building walls between with the headset and phone I'm
    > lucky to get 3 metres range.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Turner
    > Email (ROT13)