Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Interference to Bluetooth from a Wi-Fi hotspot.

Tags:
  • Bluetooth
  • WiFi
Last response: in Technologies
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 5:54:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I've been using a SE HBH headset with a Nokia 6310i for a few weeks now
while I'm driving on business. And I've always had reliable connections
and good quality audio. Except in just one small area, and in this area
the audio I've noticed can sound a bit grotty, together with the
occasional disconnection. Probably interference from somewhere.

So I guessed it might be coming from some Wi-Fi equipment somewhere. So I
Googled for Wi-Fi hotspots, and sure enough there is a Wi-Fi internet
access hotspot right by where the interference occurs. However I'm
still getting the inteference when the headset is right next to the phone,
while sat my car opposite to where the Wi-Fi hotspot is located.

Bluetooth is supposed to adaptively frenquecy hop around any fixed Wi-Fi
channels, correct ?

This hotspot must be operating quite a bit of power to even cause
interference to a BT headset and phone which are in a car right next
to each other, and the car is parked on the opposite side of the road to
the hotspot(about 30 metres away).

BTW if anyone is interested, the Wi-Fi hotspot is located at the New
County Hotel, Northgate Street, Gloucester.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

More about : interference bluetooth hotspot

Anonymous
July 7, 2004 6:00:20 PM

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:54:35 +0100, michael turner wrote:

> BTW if anyone is interested, the Wi-Fi hotspot is located at the New
> County Hotel, Northgate Street, Gloucester.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Correction: Southgate Street.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 8:00:30 PM

michael turner wrote:
> Bluetooth is supposed to adaptively frenquecy hop around any fixed Wi-Fi
> channels, correct ?

Probably not on a current SE HBH,

AFH is a 1.2spec feature and is probably not in many headsets so far.
the SE HBH series I guess all use 1.1 spec implementations or even lower for older models

Rob