Toolbar-Time display

This is my first entry so if it is not proper please
forgive me. I used to have Windows 98 and in my Outlook
Express, time and date appeared on bottom toolbar right
hand corner.

On Windows xp Professional which I have now it does not
appear. Is there a way to add it? It is on all other
screens except Outlook Express.

I have Outlook Express 6 (I guess that is 2000?)

Respectfully
Carol West
Home Office: 250-382-2550
carolwest@shaw.ca
carol@carolsaffiliateprofiles.com
Http://www.carolswholesaleoutlet.com
"With God all things are possible."
3 answers Last reply
More about toolbar time display

    Hi Carol,
    Auick tip: Never submit your email address on a forum
    like this, it will get you lots of spam emails....

    Now, to display the clock in Windows XP.
    right click the lower bar in your screen,
    select "properties"
    In the Notification area (lower part) select "show the
    clock"....
    Let me know if it was helpfull

    Hi Carol,

    OE shares the same Taskbar as does any other opened window or program. The
    time will read as in 3:27 but the date doesn't show unless you hover over
    it. Perhaps you are using third party software.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    "Carol West" <carolwest@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > This is my first entry so if it is not proper please
    > forgive me. I used to have Windows 98 and in my Outlook
    > Express, time and date appeared on bottom toolbar right
    > hand corner.
    >
    > On Windows xp Professional which I have now it does not
    > appear. Is there a way to add it? It is on all other
    > screens except Outlook Express.
    >
    > I have Outlook Express 6 (I guess that is 2000?)
    >
    > Respectfully
    > Carol West
    > Home Office: 250-382-2550
    > carolwest@shaw.ca
    > carol@carolsaffiliateprofiles.com
    > Http://www.carolswholesaleoutlet.com
    > "With God all things are possible."

    Assuming that the clock is showing in the Notification Area.

    Depending on how you have your date/time options set, you can double the
    size of the Taskbar and the Date will also show up. This takes up quite a
    bit of space.

    Right click the Taskbar | If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it,
    left click it | Move your cusor over the top of the Taskbar until a double
    headed arrow appears | Left click and drag the Taskbar up as far as it will
    go | Right click the Taskbar | Left click: Lock the Taskbar to lock it in
    place.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:074501c46db3$5e26c830$a501280a@phx.gbl,
    Carol West <carolwest@shaw.ca> hunted and pecked:
    > This is my first entry so if it is not proper please
    > forgive me. I used to have Windows 98 and in my Outlook
    > Express, time and date appeared on bottom toolbar right
    > hand corner.
    >
    > On Windows xp Professional which I have now it does not
    > appear. Is there a way to add it? It is on all other
    > screens except Outlook Express.
    >
    > I have Outlook Express 6 (I guess that is 2000?)
    >
    > Respectfully
    > Carol West
    > Home Office: 250-382-2550
    > carolwest@shaw.ca
    > carol@carolsaffiliateprofiles.com
    > Http://www.carolswholesaleoutlet.com
    > "With God all things are possible."

Configuration Outlook Express Windows XP