Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading!!! Is this compatible? Please help...

Last response: in CPUs
December 20, 2011 1:08:42 AM

I'm about to upgrade the processor on my laptop.... (I know, right?) It's the only computer I have, and I need the power. This is my current processor:

and this is the one I'm looking at
http://ark.intel.com/products/35568/Intel-Core2-Duo-Pro...(3M-Cache-2_40-GHz-1066-MHz-FSB)

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be compatible..... If there is, PLEASE tell me now.....

THANKS!!!!

More about : upgrading compatible

December 20, 2011 1:43:03 AM

I'd say yes? They both have the same socket type PGA478.

You should just email Intel and ask them yourself. That way, if it does not work out you can always refer back to that email.
m
l
December 20, 2011 1:46:00 AM

True. But i'm not buying it from intel.... I'm buying it on amazon. Intel's website had better info, so I linked there instead.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 20, 2011 2:37:10 AM

they are not rated the same FSB... your cpu is 800 mhz FSB - the new one have 1066 mhz FSB
m
l
December 20, 2011 3:13:40 AM

OmnipotentPilot said:
True. But i'm not buying it from intel.... I'm buying it on amazon. Intel's website had better info, so I linked there instead.

You can still just ask them about the compatibility. Just email them and tell them your laptops make, and model and ask them if you can upgrade your CPU to the one you have chosen. If they do not know, or if you want to ask another source, contact the manufacturer of your laptop and ask them as well.
m
l
!