Snow(white dots) are taking over my screen!

kluu

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
Hey I'm lookin for some computer experts to help me out. I'm experiencing some problems with my cpu and I'm not quite sure where the problem is. I'm thinking its the video card, all the symptoms seem related to it.

Anyway, it started happening a couple days ago. At first, I would play this game called Heroes of Newerth and I'd be able to play for roughly 15-30 mins before getting blue screened. I was surprised because this hasn't happened before. I then went to try Starcraft 2 and it happens when I'm on the main menu, not even in the game playing yet. Starting to get worried its a hardware issue. Now today, I tried playing both games and I'd experience flashing in and out of the game(screen turns black, shows the game, black, game, black game). I'd exit the game any way possible, then now theres a bunch of white dots ALL over my screen. And it continues to add up in areas where there isnt any motion(watching a video or if i drag a folder around the screen).

I'm on 7, a Q6600, and a somewhat ancient 8800gt. It looks like my video card could be dying but I'd like advice from a pro.