Sign in with
Your question

Only 4 bit color in win xp

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 19, 2011 3:27:22 AM

Hi, I reinstalled win xp on a reformatted hd and now cannot set display above 4 bit color. Device manager shows video card (Nvidea G4ti4200 agp) is working properly and latest drivers are installed. I know the card is okay because it works fine in win7 which I have installed on another drive in the same computer. I disabled the Win7 drive so it is not interferring with xp. I've installed this version of xp before and never had a problem. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Jim D

More about : bit color win

July 19, 2011 7:22:29 PM

I've only ever seen this with a failing GPU or when the drivers aren't installed.

Maybe try uninstalling the drivers and trying with some older ones?
m
l
July 19, 2011 8:49:46 PM

ccgraf said:
Hi, I reinstalled win xp on a reformatted hd and now cannot set display above 4 bit color. Device manager shows video card (Nvidea G4ti4200 agp) is working properly and latest drivers are installed. I know the card is okay because it works fine in win7 which I have installed on another drive in the same computer. I disabled the Win7 drive so it is not interferring with xp. I've installed this version of xp before and never had a problem. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Jim D

I reinstalled Win XP without the service packs and everything is now okay. Thanks to those who responded. :) .
m
l
!