Benq XL2410T What 3d Glasses To Use With Amd Hd3d

crackruckles

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
As the title surgests i have the Benq XL2410T connected to a AMD 6990 via a hdmi 1.4a cable and i am using the iZ3D driver but i dont know what 3d glasses to use with this screen, everything seems to say the nvidia 3d kit but im using amd so thats not going to work. I have found out that i need active shutter glasses i think but that still doesn't help me, Any Thoughts?

randomkid

Distinguished
^Too bad you haven't seen the issue about the 3D glasses before purchasing the BenQ. guess you are stuck between decision to either replace your monitor or your VGA to make 3D work.

This is the main difference between the nVidia & AMD 3D implementation. nVidia 3D kit is proprietary and includes the 3D Glasses & transmitters.

The AMD will work with any 3D TV or monitors that comes equipped with 3D Glasses & built in/bundled transmitters. I got a 6950 and a Samsung 3D TV for my 3D Gaming. Easily set-up specially for some games that have stereoscopic 3D mode like Avatar where you do not need any 3rd party 3D software to make it work. Other such games are Crysis 2 and AC Brotherhood.

If it is still possible to RMA either your Ben Q Monitor or the 6990, please consider it. But I still hope you can find a solution to get the glasses/transmitter and keep both. Good Luck.

skoucout

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011

What did you end up doing? I have the same issue.

crackruckles

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
To be honest i gave up, it was a matter of finding a set of glasses and non of them seem to be what i needed and way to expensive to try. if you are having the same problem may i suggest emailing benq and asking them what is required to set up the monitor in 3d. I would do it but like i said i gave up, although if you do find anything please post it here.

Hope it helps

instantshaif

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011

Bro i hope u know AMD's 6990 does not support 3d gaming, only 3d movies. The other Radeon cards other than 6990 supports 3d gaming