Sign in with
Your question
Closed

CPU spikes, computer slower response times. What's the problem?

Last response: in CPUs
December 20, 2011 3:03:51 AM

My CPU constantly spikes after upgrading to 8GB in a ASUS U50F laptop from 4GB. I used two 4GB modules from crucial. Each work alone, but when I go over 4GB the problem comes. The processes in task manager are normal. The system is also slower response times. My bios is updated, windows also says my other drivers are updated. I have windows 7 64-bit. No virus either. I tested them with windows memory test, to errors. like I said, they work when it's just one, but not when it is over 4GB. Any ideas what the problem is?

Hello, Model

Brand
ASUS

Series
U50 Series

Model
U50F-RBBAG05

General

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

CPU Type
Intel Core i3 330M(2.16GHz)
a b à CPUs
December 20, 2011 8:09:50 AM

does the full 8gb show in windows? or cpuz?

whats the full model number as googling it shows a couple of versions--some of those state maximum of 4gb of memory over 2 slots and some 8gb

Score
December 20, 2011 1:30:32 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
does the full 8gb show in windows? or cpuz?

whats the full model number as googling it shows a couple of versions--some of those state maximum of 4gb of memory over 2 slots and some 8gb

Thanks for reply. It is a ASUS U50f-RBBAG05.. It comes with 4GB, but it upgradable to 8GB. It showed in the Bios, and in the OS as 8GB.
Score
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 20, 2011 2:10:14 PM

try running in safe mode just to see if it does the same--if it doesnt its likely a software issue rather than

hardware
Score
December 22, 2011 11:54:29 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
try running in safe mode just to see if it does the same--if it doesnt its likely a software issue rather than

hardware

It did the same in safe mode, it also did it right after a clean install.
Score

Best solution

November 27, 2012 4:26:02 AM

I am experiencing stability problems with 8GB installed. Asus support just informed me that 4GB is the max RAM even though my system recognizes the 8GB There are many conflicting soures on what the max RAM is for this model but it seems as though many people have difficulty with the 8GB installed
December 11, 2012 2:53:42 PM

Best answer selected by eulynn.
Score
!