Bluetooth CTP implementations ?

Hi

I want to use the Bluetooth Cordless Telephony Profile
(CTP) as a replacement for DECT.

The only implementations of CTP I have seen are software
add-ons for high-end PDAs. There are also rumors that
some phones (R520 ?) have had CTP for 2 years but that the
feature is locked due to pressure from mobile operators.

Is anyone aware of GSM phones which support the Cordless
Telephony Profile ?
4 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth implementations

    A. Caspis - typed:
    > Hi
    >
    > I want to use the Bluetooth Cordless Telephony Profile
    > (CTP) as a replacement for DECT.
    >
    > The only implementations of CTP I have seen are software
    > add-ons for high-end PDAs. There are also rumors that
    > some phones (R520 ?) have had CTP for 2 years but that the
    > feature is locked due to pressure from mobile operators.
    >
    > Is anyone aware of GSM phones which support the Cordless
    > Telephony Profile ?

    To answer your question directly - I don't know. However, I've heard
    that prototype mobiles which switch to one's landline when in range are
    being tested. There is at least one landline solution that uses BT, so
    I'd guess it will be a matter of time. Whether or not all landline &
    cellular providers will embrace this is a different matter.

    I wish BT software was far more flexible, such as allowing new profiles
    to be added to an existing BT stack.
    --
    The map is not the territory

    Hello,
    This is not really what you were asking for, but have you seen this?
    http://www1.gnnetcom.com/usa2003/wireless/gn6110/

    Alan

    "A. Caspis" <a_caspis@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I want to use the Bluetooth Cordless Telephony Profile
    > (CTP) as a replacement for DECT.
    >
    > The only implementations of CTP I have seen are software
    > add-ons for high-end PDAs. There are also rumors that
    > some phones (R520 ?) have had CTP for 2 years but that the
    > feature is locked due to pressure from mobile operators.
    >
    > Is anyone aware of GSM phones which support the Cordless
    > Telephony Profile ?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "Alan" <alan@*SPAM*dontstart.screaming.net> wrote:
    > This is not really what you were asking for, but have you seen this?
    > http://www1.gnnetcom.com/usa2003/wireless/gn6110/

    Thanks for the link. This is definitely a step in the right direction,
    but I'd rather jump straight to something like this:
    http://www.clipcomm.co.kr/eng/e_product/e_product_bs_a100.html
    and be able to initiate PSTN+VoIP+cellular calls, use caller ID,
    access my phonebook etc from a single wireless device.

    I cannot imagine why the legacy telco manufacturers are not entering
    this market.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    a_caspis@yahoo.com (A. Caspis) wrote in message news:<50950616.0407080429.314079c9@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi
    >
    > I want to use the Bluetooth Cordless Telephony Profile
    > (CTP) as a replacement for DECT.
    >
    > The only implementations of CTP I have seen are software
    > add-ons for high-end PDAs. There are also rumors that
    > some phones (R520 ?) have had CTP for 2 years but that the
    > feature is locked due to pressure from mobile operators.
    >
    > Is anyone aware of GSM phones which support the Cordless
    > Telephony Profile ?

    Looks like GSM's with CTP like profiles could be here soon, see the
    following links whereby operators are teaming up for cellular services
    over Bluetooth from fixed lines..

    http://www.vodafone.com/article_with_thumbnail/0,3038,CATEGORY_ID%253D204%2526LANGUAGE_ID%253D0%2526CONTENT_ID%253D233180,00.html

    And here's a company offering just offering VOiP with Bluetooth:
    http://www.bloophone.com/

Bluetooth Telephony Phones