Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernBlend

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Anyone know of any good ITX motherboards with a FM2 Socket? Looking on Newegg and all I see is ATX and Micro ATX boards. I want a mobo with bluetooth and wifi build in. Anyways what's the deal with the ATX FM2 boards, that doesn't even make sense to me. I've seen an MSI ITX board that looks good but I can't find where to buy it. Hopefully it won't be to long before there released, but if anyone knows one that available now or in the near future please feel free to point me in that direction. Thanks.

jalagl

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
I'm also looking for one, will post here if/when I find one.
I want to put together a HTPC with the m350 case and a A10-5600. Hopefully they'll be out soon.

SouthernBlend

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
I'm really hoping we start seeing some boards soon. FM1 only had the Asrock and Asus boards, one a piece. Trinity's target should be the small form factor. I just don't understand why they have so many ATX mobo's but no ITX?!

DarkRyoushii

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011

My guess is that PC manufacturers such as HP and Lenovo want ATX boards for the FM2 socket as they can then sell APUs as mainstream PCs. This makes sense as they can technically advertise the graphics as being powerful and what not without needing to put a discrete card in the machine.

Oh.. and I'm in the same boat of wanting to put a APU in a bitfenix prodigy.. I can't seem to find any alternatives that look as nice and that support 6 drives (with more SSDs in the door).

jbheller

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011

The bitfenix prodigy is only compatible with ITX motherboards (and probably DTX if you can actually find one). They won't hold a micro atx ot atx board.

jbheller

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011

The bitfenix prodigy is only compatible with ITX motherboards (and probably DTX if you can actually find one). They won't hold a micro atx ot atx board.

Ladamyre

Honorable
May 12, 2012
Newegg had 3 at my last check: The MSI offering you mentioned and 2 ASrock boards, one with the A75 (D3 Hudson) chipset and the other with the A85 (D4). The MSI board was going on and off their listing for a while but now it's in and out of stock a lot.

The jury seems to still be out on your request for a "good" one. Comments from owners of the three are spotty, some say great, some say they'll never buy another board from the company again!

Zotac has one but it's... well it's Zotac! And Sapphire came out with one that's using laptop RAM but I can't find it in the US. I'd like to see a review on it.

I'm looking too, hopefully somebody will hear and answer our need for a small machine that will serve as an HTPC and do some decent gaming too, instead of trying to sell us on some expensive Intel solution. Or even more insulting by telling us we don't know what we want because maybe our case can take a micro ATX board.

Honestly, it gets frustrating here sometimes going back and forth with guys who can't or won't keep their eye on the ball and just answer the damn question...

Which I've done, even if I did take my eye off the ball right after I hit it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.