Sign in with
Your question
Closed

FM2 ITX

Last response: in Motherboards
October 2, 2012 2:20:18 PM

Anyone know of any good ITX motherboards with a FM2 Socket? Looking on Newegg and all I see is ATX and Micro ATX boards. I want a mobo with bluetooth and wifi build in. Anyways what's the deal with the ATX FM2 boards, that doesn't even make sense to me. I've seen an MSI ITX board that looks good but I can't find where to buy it. Hopefully it won't be to long before there released, but if anyone knows one that available now or in the near future please feel free to point me in that direction. Thanks.

More about : fm2 itx

a c 75 V Motherboard
October 2, 2012 2:46:20 PM

what are you putting this board in? if its a bitfenix prodigy, you are better off getting a matx board.

im pretty sure there are itx boards coming from gigabyte and asrock
Score
October 2, 2012 2:54:42 PM

My case is a Lian Li Q08 so i'm limited to ITX form factor. I looked further into the MSI board and it's only shown on their global site not on their US site.
Score
Related resources
October 2, 2012 3:56:28 PM

I have an m350 case and I am in the same boat. I'm going to keep looking, I'll post back if I find anything.
Score
October 2, 2012 4:44:18 PM

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Score
October 2, 2012 6:22:12 PM

I'm also looking for one, will post here if/when I find one.
I want to put together a HTPC with the m350 case and a A10-5600. Hopefully they'll be out soon.
Score
October 2, 2012 7:02:47 PM

I'm looking for an ITX board too, but can't seem to find any.
Score
October 3, 2012 3:58:23 AM

I'm really hoping we start seeing some boards soon. FM1 only had the Asrock and Asus boards, one a piece. Trinity's target should be the small form factor. I just don't understand why they have so many ATX mobo's but no ITX?!
Score
October 4, 2012 4:51:10 PM

Any sightings of mini-ITX boards? I saw a bunch of ATX/Micro-ATX on NCIX and Newegg, but no ITX yet :( 
Score
October 16, 2012 9:00:26 AM

I don't understand why we are not seeing any M-ITX Motherboards from Motherboard Manufacturers except ASRock < FM2A75M-ITX >
Score
a c 75 V Motherboard
October 16, 2012 10:36:24 AM

because i-tx boards are very niche compared to others
Score
October 19, 2012 10:10:04 PM

That is true but an APU is a niche product. I see no need for a ATX mobo for the FM2 socket, yet those have been around since released.
Score
October 20, 2012 2:46:06 AM

SouthernBlend said:
That is true but an APU is a niche product. I see no need for a ATX mobo for the FM2 socket, yet those have been around since released.

My guess is that PC manufacturers such as HP and Lenovo want ATX boards for the FM2 socket as they can then sell APUs as mainstream PCs. This makes sense as they can technically advertise the graphics as being powerful and what not without needing to put a discrete card in the machine.

Oh.. and I'm in the same boat of wanting to put a APU in a bitfenix prodigy.. I can't seem to find any alternatives that look as nice and that support 6 drives (with more SSDs in the door).
Score
a c 75 V Motherboard
October 20, 2012 3:27:33 AM

the prodigy is the size of a matx case. 15 pounds empty is pretty heavy. not to mention the wobbly feet
Score
October 23, 2012 4:16:55 AM

Any news yet? This is killing me! lol
Score
October 31, 2012 6:46:12 AM

Best answer selected by SouthernBlend.
Score
January 22, 2013 12:40:59 AM

TheBigTroll said:
what are you putting this board in? if its a bitfenix prodigy, you are better off getting a matx board.

The bitfenix prodigy is only compatible with ITX motherboards (and probably DTX if you can actually find one). They won't hold a micro atx ot atx board.
Score
January 22, 2013 12:41:08 AM

TheBigTroll said:

The bitfenix prodigy is only compatible with ITX motherboards (and probably DTX if you can actually find one). They won't hold a micro atx ot atx board.
Score
a c 75 V Motherboard
January 22, 2013 12:56:19 AM

i know that
Score
April 7, 2013 8:19:00 AM

Newegg had 3 at my last check: The MSI offering you mentioned and 2 ASrock boards, one with the A75 (D3 Hudson) chipset and the other with the A85 (D4). The MSI board was going on and off their listing for a while but now it's in and out of stock a lot.

The jury seems to still be out on your request for a "good" one. Comments from owners of the three are spotty, some say great, some say they'll never buy another board from the company again!

Zotac has one but it's... well it's Zotac! And Sapphire came out with one that's using laptop RAM but I can't find it in the US. I'd like to see a review on it.

I'm looking too, hopefully somebody will hear and answer our need for a small machine that will serve as an HTPC and do some decent gaming too, instead of trying to sell us on some expensive Intel solution. Or even more insulting by telling us we don't know what we want because maybe our case can take a micro ATX board.

Honestly, it gets frustrating here sometimes going back and forth with guys who can't or won't keep their eye on the ball and just answer the damn question...

Which I've done, even if I did take my eye off the ball right after I hit it. :D 
Score
!