Looong POST times

G405T

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Hi,
I have just built my first PC based on a ASRock X79 Extreme6/GB motherboard, and mostly I am really pleased with its performance. The only problem is long boot times, due to a very slow POST (before the asrock logo/text appears)..

Has anyone got any tips for speeding up my boot times?

Just so I don't get told off, I have a 128GB samsung SSD, a basic samsung optical drive, 16GB Corsaid 1600mhz memory, a Nvidia GT 610 (I'm not a gamer) and an intel i7-3820 processor installed.

Note - To give a rough idea of the post/bios time, it can take 20 seconds or more (not including the OS), making the boot process longer than on my ACER i3 laptop!!

G405T

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

Thanks for the reply, but having read through the guide there doesn't seem to be anything of relevance I didn't do during the setup of my PC anyway; and my primary OS is linux based (dual-booting windows).

My motherboard insists that you connect bootable drives to SATA3 ports 0-1, so I am definitely using the recommended ports. To be honest, the POST time is varying a lot, sometimes it is more like 10 seconds, others it's 20 or more; and I would be surprised if there is a solution beyond an alternative bios!