New Systemm configuration

fanendra22

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Hi All,

I've recently build a system. All the components were of my choice except the motherboard as it was not available at the vendor's store

Core i7 2600k
Asus P6Z8 Pro Motherboard
Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600 16 GB RAM
Coolear Master PS 360 watt
Cooler Maaster cabinet 310
WD HDD 1 TB

Can you please advise me whether the system combination is good and it will perform as per my expectation with this motherboard

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Very nice overall build yes. All components look good. Do you know what HDD it is your getting? You might find if its 5400rpm its a little slow, 7200rpm is usually recommended these days.

16GB RAM will demolish pretty much anything your going to throw at it, same goes for the i7-2600k. Motherboard is a great choice, i own one myself and have been very impressed.

PSU looks a little "iffy" but since your not running a graphics card it should be fine :) I presume 360w was a miss-type and should have said 350w?

fanendra22

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Hi AdrianPerry,

Thanks for the information.
Actually the graphics card was not included because I was not looking for a gaming PC instead a high end system for home entertainment and bit of programming.
The power supply unit is 360 watt as it has been printed on its case.
Any ways thanks for giving the information about the motherboard because I was bit unsure about that.

The HDD is for sure of 5400 RPM as it is an standard if you don't demand specifically for 7200 RPM.

lozz08

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I really, really recommend a solid state drive to go along with that system. It will increase speed more noticably than anything else.

Corsair force 3 drives are very good value right now.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Yeah with a 5400rpm HDD it might be worth making use of the Z68 SSD caching feature. (Intel Smart Response Technology).

Intel Series, Corsair Force 3 GT, Crucial M4 are all popular and seemingly reliable choices at the present time. (60GB - since SSD Cache doesn't support more than this).

fanendra22

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Sure I'll move to SSD and thanks for the suggestion for the model. :sol:

Also from the motherboard's specs there is a SSD on board with 18 GB capacity to improve the performance of the HDD read/write.

Please clarify me on this :eek: :eek: