Need your help building a new rig

baba123

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Hello everyone.

Ive been browsing allot, not posting so much . Kinda need your expertise now since i am throwing some cash in my new build this mount.

I am settled on i5 2500k for now and will be keeping my TT FRIO, HAF 932 advanced, GTX 560 ti and seasonic psu.

I need to buy a good motherboard(sli at x8/x8, good sata 3 controller), ssd with sata 3 and ram that will work with suggested combination.

For ssd i was thinking Ocz Vertex 3 120GB but would very much appreciated your opinion.

Rig is mainly for gaming and multimedia and i would do a lot of oc as well.

Sorry for my bad English and thanks for your help.

selayan

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Try Gigabyte z68A ud3 or the asrock gen3. The gigabyte is 121 on newegg, and Asrock is 144 but with daily sales on newegg sometimes it can cost $124.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3,
ASUS P8Z68-v PRO,
ASRock Extreme3 Gen3,
ASRock Extreme4, Gen3.

As for RAM - Corsair or G.Skill 1.5v 1600MHz CL9 is about the best value for money and both very popular choices.

baba123

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Thanks for your suggestions Adrian, will look in to those.

My biggest fear though is the ssd cause every and each one i looked has some kind of problem that goes with it. Is crucial m4 good choice in your opinion, kinda give up on the vertex 3, it seems that it has a faulty controller.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Yeah Crucial M4, Corsair Force GT, Intel Series have all been getting good reviews recently in terms of reliability. OCZ seem to have been slipping up with more and more complaints popping up recently.

Check out TOMs SSD reviews, and keep looking around these forums and various Google links for your best options. Putting a post up on TOMs SSD forum section is probably a good idea as well :)