Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Computer Build:

Case: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Black Steel ATX Full Tower
MOBO: Asus P6X58 - E Pro LGA 1366 Intel X58
CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366
GPU EVGA Geforce GTX 580 (fermi)
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Series ATX 1200w
RAM 8G of G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1333(more ram on the way)
SSD: Samsung 470 Series 64Gb SATA II Internal SSD
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb Internal HD
Reader:HP 24x Multiformat DVD Burner
-------------------------------

I've been having this problem since I built the computer a few weeks ago. I have everything plugged in correctly and I've already tried DVI to VGA connectors as well as the Mini-HDMI to HDMI it's not my video card.

When I press the power button it sounds like everything is booting up and all my case fans turn on but I don't receive, my keyboard and mouse aren't powered (keyboard is P/S 2, mouse is USB) and my Bios don't come up or my SSD which my OS is installed to is booting either. This is hit or miss however sometimes it will boot up just fine other times it will do just as I described. I'm wondering if it's the Mother board but there is power going to it. Can anyway help with this problem?

lewza

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
If your BIOS is not coming up it doesnt even sound like its going to POST. Ensure that your power cable to your motherboard is correctly inserted.

My first instinct was that the PSU could be at fault, if this problem happens again open the disc drive on your DVD burner and see if it works (to eliminate power issues)

Failing this, it could be a motherboard issue as your USB/PS2 and sata for your SSD seem to work intermittently.

Liniont

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011

my Dvd burning is opening and closing but my keyboard and mouse are still not powered and nothing is still starting up on my screen no bios or anything

Liniont

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
also I'm on my laptop right now not my home build in question

------------
Edit: It just boot up and now it's on but this happened 30 mins ago I shut it down and it wouldn't boot back up. like I said hit or miss and frankly it's annoying the hell out of me does anyone know how to fix it my bios are up to date seeing as this is a fairly new MOBO.

yo_yo2400

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Are you using a straight 6pin to the video card or did you use a dual molex adapter?

Well, try this my computer does it every once and a while turn the switch on the back off then on quickly if it comes back on turn it off and unplug power button until it doesn't come back on immediately so that you have to press the power button. Just thought id suggest it since i just had to do it lol

Liniont

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
I haven't tried with another graphics card the only other one I have is an old Radeon HD 5770, I've searched for my problem but it seems like I'm the only one having this problem.... I don't understand what the hell is going on. I just want my computer to turn on properly so I don't waste hours powering on and off my machine just to get everything to boot properly so I can play my games. I'm sure turning my computer off and on multiple times is not good for it... I can't tell whats causing the problem....

yo_yo2400

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Well could you try taking out the GTX 580 and boot with the onboard graphics a few times and tell me if you have the same problem? If you do then it would most likely be a motherboard issue instead of a video card issue. Go ahead and try that and get back with you results

Have a nice day!

bosaki

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Are all of your standoffs installed correctly underneath the motherboard? I had the same problem, and it turned out I had an extra standoff underneath the motherboard shorting it out from time to time, and also preventing it from booting sometimes.