SEGA's Yuji Naka says everyone will be "very pleasantly su..

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

http://nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com/
"News from Leipzig. This morning, I interviewed Yuji Naka, creator of Sonic.
I asked him just how revolutionary the upcoming Nintendo console really was
and he answered: "I am under a strict NDA, so I can´t really say much. But I
have seen the Revolution and I think everyone will be very pleasantly
surprised, when Nintendo reveal everything."

<Highlander> wrote in message news:SeednQjb1fwXT5jeRVn-qA@comcast.com...

> http://nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com/
> "News from Leipzig. This morning, I interviewed Yuji Naka, creator of
> Sonic. I asked him just how revolutionary the upcoming Nintendo console
> really was and he answered: "I am under a strict NDA, so I can´t really
> say much. But I have seen the Revolution and I think everyone will be very
> pleasantly surprised, when Nintendo reveal everything."

Thought that was common knowledge?

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

<Highlander> wrote in message news:SeednQjb1fwXT5jeRVn-qA@comcast.com...

> http://nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com/
> "News from Leipzig. This morning, I interviewed Yuji Naka, creator of
> Sonic. I asked him just how revolutionary the upcoming Nintendo console
> really was and he answered: "I am under a strict NDA, so I can´t really
> say much. But I have seen the Revolution and I think everyone will be very
> pleasantly surprised, when Nintendo reveal everything."

If that's what he said, that would be good news in two ways. First, the
pleasant surprise he mentions, and second, the pleasant surprise that at
least some major 3rd party developers are already privy to Revolution
details. Maybe they even have development kits?

El Guapo wrote:
> <Highlander> wrote in message news:SeednQjb1fwXT5jeRVn-qA@comcast.com...
>

>> http://nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com/
>> "News from Leipzig. This morning, I interviewed Yuji Naka, creator of
>> Sonic. I asked him just how revolutionary the upcoming Nintendo
>> console really was and he answered: "I am under a strict NDA, so I
>> can´t really say much. But I have seen the Revolution and I think
>> everyone will be very pleasantly surprised, when Nintendo reveal
>> everything."
>

> If that's what he said, that would be good news in two ways. First, the
> pleasant surprise he mentions, and second, the pleasant surprise that at
> least some major 3rd party developers are already privy to Revolution
> details. Maybe they even have development kits?

I would think at least the big 3rd parties would have dev kits by now.
As really, the Rev is only like 6 months away...

Nice to know that a person who must have (or had) a big grudge against
Nintendo saying that we're all in for nice surprise.

"Vitani" <inativ@tfosxft.moc> wrote in message
> El Guapo wrote:
>> <Highlander> wrote in message news:SeednQjb1fwXT5jeRVn-qA@comcast.com...
>>

>>> http://nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com/
>>> "News from Leipzig. This morning, I interviewed Yuji Naka, creator of
>>> Sonic. I asked him just how revolutionary the upcoming Nintendo console
>>> really was and he answered: "I am under a strict NDA, so I can´t really
>>> say much. But I have seen the Revolution and I think everyone will be
>>> very pleasantly surprised, when Nintendo reveal everything."
>>

>> If that's what he said, that would be good news in two ways. First, the
>> pleasant surprise he mentions, and second, the pleasant surprise that at
>> least some major 3rd party developers are already privy to Revolution
>> details. Maybe they even have development kits?
>>

> I would think at least the big 3rd parties would have dev kits by now. As
> really, the Rev is only like 6 months away...

Maybe not that soon... I'm sure we won't see it until at least after their
fiscal year ends, and that would be the end of March. And they have hinted
that it might be out later than that. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned
out to be more than a year away from now, though hopefully it won't be.

> Nice to know that a person who must have (or had) a big grudge against
> Nintendo saying that we're all in for nice surprise.

Not sure what you mean, Yuji Naka has been a solid supporter of Nintendo and
the Gamecube.

El Guapo wrote:
> "Vitani" <inativ@tfosxft.moc> wrote in message

>>> If that's what he said, that would be good news in two ways. First,
>>> the pleasant surprise he mentions, and second, the pleasant surprise
>>> that at least some major 3rd party developers are already privy to
>>> Revolution details. Maybe they even have development kits?
>>>

>> I would think at least the big 3rd parties would have dev kits by now.
>> As really, the Rev is only like 6 months away...
>

> Maybe not that soon... I'm sure we won't see it until at least after
> their fiscal year ends, and that would be the end of March. And they
> have hinted that it might be out later than that. I wouldn't be
> surprised if it turned out to be more than a year away from now, though
> hopefully it won't be.
>
>> Nice to know that a person who must have (or had) a big grudge against
>> Nintendo saying that we're all in for nice surprise.
>

> Not sure what you mean, Yuji Naka has been a solid supporter of Nintendo
> and the Gamecube.

As the creator of Sonic, I would assume in years gone he would have
never thought of making such a nice comment about Nintendo

seth

<Highlander> wrote in message news:SeednQjb1fwXT5jeRVn-qA@comcast.com...

> http://nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com/
> "News from Leipzig. This morning, I interviewed Yuji Naka, creator of
> Sonic. I asked him just how revolutionary the upcoming Nintendo console
> really was and he answered: "I am under a strict NDA, so I can´t really
> say much. But I have seen the Revolution and I think everyone will be very
> pleasantly surprised, when Nintendo reveal everything."

If only we could all focus on the good things and not the niggling little
imperfections inherent in everything...
--
Universal Investigations: When your corpses won't stay dead...
http://www.keepitcoming.net/universal-investigations.html