Closed Solved

GTX 570 HDMI Out

So to game at decent FPS using 3 x1920 x 1080 monitors, it takes 2 gtx 570, not just one...this is from reading benchmarks, asking around. My question is, even with two 570's in SLI you only get 2 HDMI outs- you need a third to hook up onto the third monitor...what can I do about this? I still haven't gotten my second 570 but I am just thinking about problems I may possibly run into.

I read about HDMI splitters, do these things work well? Can anyone recommend me one from experience?

Thanks guys!
Joe
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hdmi
  1. Use the DVI ports. This way you have four available across 2 cards. Just about every monitor with an HDMI port also has a DVI port. This is actually the only way to setup 3D/2D Vision Surround on the Nvidia cards:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2667

You won't get the result your looking for through an HDMI splitter as it will only duplicate a screen image from one to the other.

You're trying to run 3 screens in 3D or 2D surround which expands the video to all 3 screens. So an HDMI splitter is not the choice for you.
  2. Thanks the informative response.

Is DVI quality noticeable as compared to HDMI connection? It is a pity that I cannot get all 3 HDMIs =(
  3. unaveragejoe said:
    Thanks the informative response.

Is DVI quality noticeable as compared to HDMI connection? It is a pity that I cannot get all 3 HDMIs =(

To the best of my knowledge, DVI and HDMI are the same quality since they are both digital. HDMI just incorporates audio into the cable.
  4. Best answer
    HDMI and DVI carry the same digital video signal. The difference is HDMI can also transmit 7.1 audio and copy protection info.
  5. Oh wow, in that case, screw HDMI lol. The GTX 570 has 2 DVI outs and 1 HDMI...thats enough for 3 screens right off the bat. Good to know.

Thank you guys!
  6. Best answer selected by unaveragejoe.
  7. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Monitors HDMI Graphics