Sign in with
Your question

GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H no display on monitor

Last response: in Motherboards
October 3, 2012 1:34:05 PM

Hi,

I have a Z77X-UD5H motherboard upgraded to BIOS F14. It's been running steady with an ivy bridge 3570k cpu for over two months now. I've had reoccurring problems of it not being able to wake up from hibernation (it seems like an issue for a lot of people) but get around it by a hard reset. The problem starting occurring much more frequently and I'm not sure if that'd be linked at all to this issue.

This morning I woke up and turned the computer on and got no display on the monitor (it stated "No HDMI Signal Received"). The computer turned on though and I heard it go to the login screen through the speakers.

I tried changing the HDMI cable and also tried a VGA cable but got nothing on the monitor. I reset the system a few times but still nothing. Unplugged all cables from the PSU and plugged them back in, etc.

I have no graphics card, just running intel HD 4000. I have not run into this issue before.

Any suggestions/diagnoses? I can update with a more complete parts list if necessary. I just desperately need the computer for school and it's tough getting around this right now.

Thanks

Z77x-ud5h
I5-3570k With intel hd 4000 graphics
G. Skill ripjaws Z series 2400 MHz ram
Rosewill Rg630-s12 630 watt psu
Corsair m4 128gb ssd
Windows 7 64 bit pro.
Asus ml228h monitor
a b V Motherboard
October 3, 2012 1:50:52 PM

Please update with system specs.
m
l
October 3, 2012 5:59:27 PM

I updated the original post and included the specs. Also, I just verified that the monitor/cables work just fine when used on another computer.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
October 3, 2012 6:47:35 PM

Can you check BIOS to see if any settings have changed, or try to boot in safe mode. Make sure All power supply connectors are seated and locked.
m
l
October 3, 2012 8:34:09 PM

At the risk of sounding stupid, how can I do these things without a monitor?
m
l
October 3, 2012 10:44:40 PM

bmllewellyn said:
At the risk of sounding stupid, how can I do these things without a monitor?

It doesn't sound stupid as you cannot without another display :) 

I have the UD3H board and I had a similar thing happen but a little different. I use my discrete GPU paired with the IGPU normally, so I use both but was connected to the IGPU at the time (testing for a friend). I was working on pushing the system and I got a stability double reboot which clears the CMOS and resets the BIOS. My screen was blank because default mode was to disable the IGPU with the discrete card present. It took a few minutes to realize I needed to switch the monitor cable, change the settings back in the BIOS, then reboot connected back to the IGPU. I doubt your display out died, so possibly something in the BIOS triggered to disable the IGPU? If you don't have another monitor, you're bound to have a TV with an HDMI or VGA connection on it.
m
l
!