ATI 6950 + Toshiba LED TV , colors look wrong?

jo_795

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I just received my LED tv today to my house.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?modelFilter=&rpn=undefined&category=&selCategory=2797337&moid=2941924&os=&ct=DL&selFamily=2838042

and my graphics card as well..

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/downloads/?pid=1099&psn=0006&lid=1&os=6

My issue is, I am using a HDMI cable directly from the TV to the Graphics Card no adapters , on TV info it shows 1080p 16:9
The color is off where it hurts my eye... It looks weird overall, its not the over-scaling which I set to native (ie no over-scanning) on the tv. I've read on some threads by changing the Input name on the Tv to PC in the HDMI Input helps out but the problem is my tv doesn't have that option.. I had a LG 47 LCD Tv last week and that input name changed fixed it but this new tv doesn't have that option , anyone have any recommendations I can do to fix the coloring.... I will provide a pic on how it looks but I'm not sure if that's helpful..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/143/colorg.jpg/

jo_795

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I reverted everything back to default on both the TV and Graphics card. The card has 1 HDMI input and 2 DVI inputs I tried using DVI/HDMI adapter and the display looked a little better but the colors look washed... :/

randomkid

Distinguished
^Try connecting the TV via VGA. You can find the DVI-D to VGA adaptor inside your Sapphire Flex Box. I always prefer VGA when connecting to my TV because it provides smoother image than HDMI. I just wonder whether you have the VGA cable as it is not usually included in Video Cards bundle or in the TV package.

If the color just looks washed out, perhaps you just need to adjust the brightness and contrast settings. Those are always set to high and make everything washed out when you buy a new TV/monitor. The manufacturers always want to show you just how bright it can be, but no one uses it at those settings.

Washed out could also mean that the gamma setting on the card could be adjusted too high.

jo_795

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009

tried it as well and i get crappy resolution like 1300x786.... and it looks washed out nothing close to what I had before on my LCD>...

jo_795

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009

for instance the task bar, IE icon looks bright, the black solid color on my task bar has like white blemishes.. pictures and videos like you tube look like a almost cartoonish effect.

fastwing76

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
I have the same issue as you have, or close enough, my HDtv is LG LD550D and my graphic card is GIGABYTE 5830, when I connected HDMI the colors looked slightly washed out, not much but only slightly, I can tell the difference by looking at steam downloading warm yellow( when downloading or updating a game) on my laptop the color look fine but on this computer the colors of the warm yellow looked washed out, I tried DVI to VGA connecting and the colors look well calibrated, no more washed out colors, however I have read that this kind of connection which converts digital to analoge and vise versa could have a picture degrading effect, but to be honest with you the picture of both looks identical except the slight wash out picture of HDMI, so I am as confused as you are, anyway this Issue is associated with most ATI graphic cards, another option is to get a DVI to HDMI connection, its all digital so no problem there, but please bare in mind that you must calibrate your screen brightness and contrast by thx test disk ( download it and burn it online) so you will have agood picture. if DVI to HDMI doesnt fix this issue then use VGA since the coloring is well calibrated there.