Dec 20, 2011

roadrunnergone

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

roadrunnergone

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

ok lets start over

I installed a clean version of windows7 and when I started up the monitor was in generic pnp mode and the desktop did not see the FPD1530 GATEWAY MONITOR

when i look in the device manager there is :

display adapters
standard vga graphics adapter

monitors
generic pnp monitor

when i check the scree resolution on the desktop it says:

display:
generic pnp monitor on standard vga graphics adapter

resolution:
640x480 (grayed out)

I also installed xp the same thing happened but that time it was worse xp did not find the sound or internet ethernet hook up
it was terrible I thought maybe the monitor drivers were only on xp or lower but the same thing generic pnp

ALSO I TRIED ANOTHER MONITOR SAME PROBLEM IT NOT THE MONITOR FPD1530 GATEWAY THAT IS THE ONE IM USING.

HELP TRYING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM MY SCREEN IS SO BIG I CANT READ EMAIL OR SEE THE WEB PROPERLY
ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO FIX MY MONITOR PROBLEMS?

roadrunnergone

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

ok lets start over

I installed a clean version of windows7 and when I started up the monitor was in generic pnp mode and the desktop did not see the FPD1530 GATEWAY MONITOR

when i look in the device manager there is :

display adapters
standard vga graphics adapter

monitors
generic pnp monitor

when i check the scree resolution on the desktop it says:

display:

resolution:
640x480 (grayed out)

I also installed xp the same thing happened but that time it was worse xp did not find the sound or internet ethernet hook up
it was terrible I thought maybe the monitor drivers were only on xp or lower but the same thing generic pnp

ALSO I TRIED ANOTHER MONITOR SAME PROBLEM IT NOT THE MONITOR FPD1530 GATEWAY THAT IS THE ONE IM USING.

HELP TRYING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM MY SCREEN IS SO BIG I CANT READ EMAIL OR SEE THE WEB PROPERLY
ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO FIX MY MONITOR PROBLEMS?

In order for the system to know what monitor you are using you have to install the .INF file from the monitor -- so you would need to find a .inf file from the manufacturer in order to install it and then install that so that the system would have the proper information to show in those screens --- That said many manufacturers nowadays do not provide ,inf files because windows will work fine without them by using the generic monitor drivers and if you are not experiencing any problems with the display then you probably do not need to bother !

IN looking at what you posted :

THe Generic pnp monitor is not really a problem but the "standard vga graphics" adapter part means that you are also running on the old windows VGA graphics driver instead of either the ATI , Nvidia , or Intel video card drivers for the video card you have which would be more of a problem since the VGA driver is limited to really low resolutions and color depth -- so you need to find and install the video card drivers depending on what video card (chipset) you are using !

twisterpooh

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

I THINK AN INTEL INSIDE BUT WITH A GATEWAY HOW DO I TELL NOT SURE WITH GATEWAY..HOW Can i check my system online?
or open it up?
is there a program to look at my computer and tell me or do i have to open it up?

It's not a monitor issue, you need to install the video drivers, and other drivers for your system. Go to gateway's support page, download the chipset, video, audio, network drivers for your model.

You left out a hugely important detail in your first post, that you re-installed Windows.

twisterpooh

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

THEIR WEB SITE IS NOT USER FRIENDLY

That just tells us the hardware inside the PC, need to know the brand and model of the PC. Should be right on the case.

Never mind, found where you posted it was a Gateway 300s. There is no Windows 7 support for that computer from Gateway nor Intel for the motherboard. You'll need to buy a new video card for it with Windows 7 support, and maybe a sound card if that also does not work.

Looks like it's an AGP board, this card should work http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814134076

OK - from your speccy results it looks like the MOBO is
Manufacturer:
Intel Corporation
Model:
D845GRG (J2E1)

So it has a built in Intel chipset video (listed as : Intel® Extreme Graphics Driver for 845 Chipset-Based Intel Desktop Boards) and from Intels downloads for discontinued products the most recent driver is designed for windows XP -- ( available here )

Whether they will work in Win7 I'm not sure but give it a try. If those will not work the MOBO does have an AGP slot so you might wind up having to find an AGP graphics card that does have windows 7 drivers.

twisterpooh

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

Download the drivers I linked and try installing them -- sometimes they'll load fine and work -- If not then yeah you might want to reinstall XP and then install those drivers or purchase a cheap AGP card to use with win7.

twisterpooh

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

ok i installed xp pro now no internet ... lan connection