Sign in with
Your question

How to change from gen pnp monitor to a gateway fpd1530

Last response: in Windows 7
December 20, 2011 5:17:38 AM

how do i change from gen pnp monitor to gateway fpd1530 monitor.
why is it not finding the gateway monitor?
a b $ Windows 7
December 20, 2011 5:40:48 AM

have you installed the monitor driver?
what kind of pc are you using (desktop/laptop)?
after installing the driver (if the monitor still shows generic) go to display settings and select your monitor if it shows up.
m
l
December 20, 2011 9:33:34 PM

137534,2,1006095 said:
have you installed the monitor driver?the monitor says i dont have too...fpd1530 monitor by gateway

what kind of pc are you using (desktop/laptop)?desk top gateway 300 series 3/03

after installing the driver (if the monitor still shows generic) go to display settings and select your monitor if it shows up. dont know need the drivers

HELP PLEASE
m
l
Related resources
a c 98 C Monitor
a c 352 $ Windows 7
December 21, 2011 3:35:15 PM

That monitor only has drivers up to XP/ME. Is there an issue with it aside from the name?
m
l
December 22, 2011 12:56:44 PM

137874,4,601647 said:
That monitor only has drivers up to XP/ME. Is there an issue with it aside from the name? what about vista same as 7 yes/ no?
m
l
December 22, 2011 12:58:07 PM

de5_Roy said:
have you installed the monitor driver?what is a monitor driver?
what kind of pc are you using (desktop/laptop)?desktop
after installing the driver (if the monitor still shows generic) go to display settings and select your monitor if it shows up.

m
l
a c 98 C Monitor
a c 352 $ Windows 7
December 22, 2011 2:44:20 PM

roadrunnergone said:
137874,4,601647 said:
what about vista same as 7 yes/ no?
said:

Not sure what you mean here. Some vista drivers work on 7, some XP also actually.
m
l
January 2, 2012 4:48:02 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Not sure what you mean here. Some vista drivers work on 7, some XP also actually.

ok lets start over

I installed a clean version of windows7 and when I started up the monitor was in generic pnp mode and the desktop did not see the FPD1530 GATEWAY MONITOR

when i look in the device manager there is :

display adapters
standard vga graphics adapter

monitors
generic pnp monitor

when i check the scree resolution on the desktop it says:

display:
generic pnp monitor on standard vga graphics adapter

resolution:
640x480 (grayed out)

I also installed xp the same thing happened but that time it was worse xp did not find the sound or internet ethernet hook up
it was terrible I thought maybe the monitor drivers were only on xp or lower but the same thing generic pnp

ALSO I TRIED ANOTHER MONITOR SAME PROBLEM IT NOT THE MONITOR FPD1530 GATEWAY THAT IS THE ONE IM USING.

HELP TRYING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM MY SCREEN IS SO BIG I CANT READ EMAIL OR SEE THE WEB PROPERLY
ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO FIX MY MONITOR PROBLEMS?

m
l
January 2, 2012 4:49:57 PM

de5_Roy said:
have you installed the monitor driver?
what kind of pc are you using (desktop/laptop)?

ok lets start over

I installed a clean version of windows7 and when I started up the monitor was in generic pnp mode and the desktop did not see the FPD1530 GATEWAY MONITOR

when i look in the device manager there is :

display adapters
standard vga graphics adapter

monitors
generic pnp monitor

when i check the scree resolution on the desktop it says:

display:

resolution:
640x480 (grayed out)

I also installed xp the same thing happened but that time it was worse xp did not find the sound or internet ethernet hook up
it was terrible I thought maybe the monitor drivers were only on xp or lower but the same thing generic pnp

ALSO I TRIED ANOTHER MONITOR SAME PROBLEM IT NOT THE MONITOR FPD1530 GATEWAY THAT IS THE ONE IM USING.

HELP TRYING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM MY SCREEN IS SO BIG I CANT READ EMAIL OR SEE THE WEB PROPERLY
ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO FIX MY MONITOR PROBLEMS?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 2, 2012 6:05:09 PM

In order for the system to know what monitor you are using you have to install the .INF file from the monitor -- so you would need to find a .inf file from the manufacturer in order to install it and then install that so that the system would have the proper information to show in those screens --- That said many manufacturers nowadays do not provide ,inf files because windows will work fine without them by using the generic monitor drivers and if you are not experiencing any problems with the display then you probably do not need to bother !

IN looking at what you posted :
Quote:

THe Generic pnp monitor is not really a problem but the "standard vga graphics" adapter part means that you are also running on the old windows VGA graphics driver instead of either the ATI , Nvidia , or Intel video card drivers for the video card you have which would be more of a problem since the VGA driver is limited to really low resolutions and color depth -- so you need to find and install the video card drivers depending on what video card (chipset) you are using !
m
l
January 3, 2012 2:29:35 AM

JDFan said:
In order for the system to know what monitor you are using you have to install the .INF file from the monitor -- so you would need to find a .inf file from the manufacturer in order to install it and then install that so that the system would have the proper information to show in those screens --- That said many manufacturers nowadays do not provide ,inf files because windows will work fine without them by using the generic monitor drivers and if you are not experiencing any problems with the display then you probably do not need to bother !

IN looking at what you posted :
Quote:

THe Generic pnp monitor is not really a problem but the "standard vga graphics" adapter part means that you are also running on the old windows VGA graphics driver instead of either the ATI , Nvidia , or Intel video card drivers for the video card you have which would be more of a problem since the VGA driver is limited to really low resolutions and color depth -- so you need to find and install the video card drivers depending on what video card (chipset) you are using !

I THINK AN INTEL INSIDE BUT WITH A GATEWAY HOW DO I TELL NOT SURE WITH GATEWAY..HOW Can i check my system online?
or open it up?
is there a program to look at my computer and tell me or do i have to open it up?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 3, 2012 3:01:02 AM

you could try running monitoring programs like cpuid's cpu-z, techpowerup's gpu z, piriform's speccy.
m
l
a c 98 C Monitor
a c 352 $ Windows 7
January 3, 2012 12:49:30 PM

It's not a monitor issue, you need to install the video drivers, and other drivers for your system. Go to gateway's support page, download the chipset, video, audio, network drivers for your model.

You left out a hugely important detail in your first post, that you re-installed Windows.
m
l
January 3, 2012 7:48:24 PM

hang-the-9 said:
It's not a monitor issue, you need to install the video drivers, and other drivers for your system. Go to gateway's support page, download the chipset, video, audio, network drivers for your model.

You left out a hugely important detail in your first post, that you re-installed Windows.

THEIR WEB SITE IS NOT USER FRIENDLY
m
l
a c 98 C Monitor
a c 352 $ Windows 7
January 3, 2012 7:57:27 PM

twisterpooh said:
THEIR WEB SITE IS NOT USER FRIENDLY

That usually just means you need to read a bit to find stuff ;) 

Post your PC brand and model maybe we can lead you a bit.
m
l
a c 98 C Monitor
a c 352 $ Windows 7
January 4, 2012 5:24:53 PM

That just tells us the hardware inside the PC, need to know the brand and model of the PC. Should be right on the case.

Never mind, found where you posted it was a Gateway 300s. There is no Windows 7 support for that computer from Gateway nor Intel for the motherboard. You'll need to buy a new video card for it with Windows 7 support, and maybe a sound card if that also does not work.

Looks like it's an AGP board, this card should work http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2012 5:31:31 PM

@twisterpooh : don't share your number if you don't want to get your id stolen or privacy invaded. delete it asap.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2012 5:40:23 PM

OK - from your speccy results it looks like the MOBO is
Quote:
Manufacturer:
Intel Corporation
Model:
D845GRG (J2E1)

So it has a built in Intel chipset video (listed as : IntelĀ® Extreme Graphics Driver for 845 Chipset-Based Intel Desktop Boards) and from Intels downloads for discontinued products the most recent driver is designed for windows XP -- ( available here )

Whether they will work in Win7 I'm not sure but give it a try. If those will not work the MOBO does have an AGP slot so you might wind up having to find an AGP graphics card that does have windows 7 drivers.
m
l
January 4, 2012 5:44:38 PM

142019,19,542493 said:
OK - from your speccy results it looks like the MOBO is
Quote:
Manufacturer:
Intel Corporation
Model:
D845GRG (J2E1)

So it has a built in Intel chipset video (listed as : IntelĀ® Extreme Graphics Driver for 845 Chipset-Based Intel Desktop Boards) and from Intels downloads for discontinued products the most recent driver is designed for windows XP -- ( available here )

Whether they will work in Win7 I'm not sure but give it a try. If those will not work the MOBO does have an AGP slot so you might wind up having to find an AGP graphics card that does have windows 7 drivers.[/quotems

I HAD WINDOWS XP BUT IT HAD MORE PROBLEMS SO I PUT 7 ON IT
m
l
January 4, 2012 5:55:02 PM

OK I GUESS IM GOING TO REINSTALL WINDOWS XP
ON IT OR SHOULD I PUT VISTA EITHER WAY ITS GOING TO BE ROUGH
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2012 5:59:25 PM

twisterpooh said:
OK I GUESS IM GOING TO REINSTALL WINDOWS XP
ON IT OR SHOULD I PUT VISTA EITHER WAY ITS GOING TO BE ROUGH

Download the drivers I linked and try installing them -- sometimes they'll load fine and work -- If not then yeah you might want to reinstall XP and then install those drivers or purchase a cheap AGP card to use with win7.
m
l
January 4, 2012 8:51:46 PM

JDFan said:
Download the drivers I linked and try installing them -- sometimes they'll load fine and work -- If not then yeah you might want to reinstall XP and then install those drivers or purchase a cheap AGP card to use with win7.

ok i installed xp pro now no internet ... lan connection
m
l
January 4, 2012 9:01:16 PM

HELP CANT GET ON NO INTERNET CONNECTION? HOW TO FIND LAN CONNECTION?
m
l
January 6, 2012 2:22:37 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Drivers for the motherboard are here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=...

Install the chipset, ethernet, video, audio drivers at least. Will need to download them on a different PC and run them on yours.

I GOT EVERYTHING TO WORK EXCEPT AUDIO
MAN SOME REAL TROUBLE THERE
1ST NO AUDIO MIXER
2ND NO SPEAKERS NO SOUND
3RD NO MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CONTROLLER IN DEVICE MANAGER

SCREENS FIXED BUT NO AUDIO
m
l
a c 98 C Monitor
a c 352 $ Windows 7
January 6, 2012 1:26:25 PM

Did you install the sound card drivers?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 7, 2012 1:19:22 PM

According to Speccy's info on your MOBO - you have a AC 97 audio chip so would need this download from the download site linked by Hang-the-9

Currently the only audio device the OS is finding is the speaker for the Modem which it is placing as the default audio device since it is not finding another source due to not having the driver installed -- Once you download that driver and install it should fix things so you have sound.
m
l
a c 98 C Monitor
a c 352 $ Windows 7
January 9, 2012 3:08:39 PM

twisterpooh said:
FROM WHERE?

INTEL OR DO I GO TO UNIMODEM HALF-DUPLEX AUDIO DEVICE?

ON MY SPECCY REPORT MY AUDIO IS ABOVE

NEW LINK:
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/065tYdlj0e0YJNC4Ytir...

still no audio everything else seems ok
now full screen

Same link I posted before for the motherboard.
m
l
January 17, 2012 8:46:15 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Drivers for the motherboard are here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=...

Install the chipset, ethernet, video, audio drivers at least. Will need to download them on a different PC and run them on yours.

why do i have to download to another computer then install on this one ?
once downloaded then unzipped what next?
nothing is still there no audio mixer or any sound
ty greg
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 17, 2012 8:52:02 PM

roadrunnergone said:
why do i have to download to another computer then install on this one ?
once downloaded then unzipped what next?
nothing is still there no audio mixer or any sound
ty greg

Because when you posted and he responded you did not have the LAN driver working yet and thus would not have been able to download them using your system !!

Did you try downloading the Audio Driver from that link ( LINKIE ) and installing it yet ? (the download should be an .exe file named wdm3516b_Cadenza.exe -- once downloaded double click on the file to run the installation and it should then install the audio driver).
m
l
January 19, 2012 10:00:41 PM

JDFan said:
According to Speccy's info on your MOBO - you have a AC 97 audio chip so would need this download from the download site linked by Hang-the-9

Currently the only audio device the OS is finding is the speaker for the Modem which it is placing as the default audio device since it is not finding another source due to not having the driver installed -- Once you download that driver and install it should fix things so you have sound.

when i downloaded the file nothing happened. the same same
so i cut the casing and installed for now a sound blaster card that was a little big but it works for now
ty for your help
m
l
a c 98 C Monitor
a c 352 $ Windows 7
January 20, 2012 1:37:49 PM

twisterpooh said:
when i downloaded the file nothing happened. the same same
so i cut the casing and installed for now a sound blaster card that was a little big but it works for now
ty for your help

That's because there are no Windows 7 drivers for that motherboard, XP ones rarely work, Vista ones work sometimes. Getting a new sound card that works with Windows 7 was a good solution here.
m
l
January 21, 2012 1:43:06 AM

hang-the-9 said:
That's because there are no Windows 7 drivers for that motherboard, XP ones rarely work, Vista ones work sometimes. Getting a new sound card that works with Windows 7 was a good solution here.

new problem after installing sound blaster card my you tube is slow.. and another problem is when i attach my external hard drive my computer restarts and then loops
how do i fix this two problems?
m
l
a c 98 C Monitor
a c 352 $ Windows 7
January 23, 2012 12:45:31 PM

Sound card should not have affected any videos, is the video card showing up as the right model?

Try the external drive with another PC, this issue is electrical, probably something wrong with the USB connection. Try a different port on your PC also.
m
l
January 28, 2012 2:14:02 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Sound card should not have affected any videos, is the video card showing up as the right model?

Try the external drive with another PC, this issue is electrical, probably something wrong with the USB connection. Try a different port on your PC also.

ok try this again: how do i stop this thread ive changed my mother board cause it just stopped working wont turn on. now using a dell ans have fixed the issues for now ty for all your help
m
l
!