Will my components bottleneck each other?

MetaDragon

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Well like the title says.

I've seen a lot of forms about how some CPUs will bottleneck Video Cards. Or Some Video Cards will bottleneck CPUs.

I haven't built my computer yet, but I'm about too.

Here are SOME of my parts:
Intel i5 2500k Quad-qore processor

EVGA GTX 580 Video Card.

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

So my question is, will either of these parts bottleneck each other? Is on part faster than than another one?

The next question i have is: if i run a PC game at max settings like (Starcraft 2), will i have to overclock my CPU to run it?

I would rather not overclock if i don't have too.

Solution
These components look pretty good with one another. I would say a GTX 570 is good enough to run it at max settings, no OC-ing involved. If you can afford the GTX 580 (or would prefer to play future games), then go ahead. If you are more price sensitive, then go with the GTX 570 and play SC2 to your heart's satisfaction.

apark301

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
These components look pretty good with one another. I would say a GTX 570 is good enough to run it at max settings, no OC-ing involved. If you can afford the GTX 580 (or would prefer to play future games), then go ahead. If you are more price sensitive, then go with the GTX 570 and play SC2 to your heart's satisfaction.

Solution

eagleblueline

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Looking at the specs I agree with apark. Your system should have no bottlenecking problems whatsoever. The 570 is indeed enough to run at max although the GTX 580 would indeed future proof your system by a bit. Also you could go SLI in the future when the price of the GTX 580 goes down to boost performance. Make sure you have a very capable PSU though!!!!

And no, you shouldn't have to Over Clock although the CPU you have selected is meant for it.

MetaDragon

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

Thank you so much for your answer! :)

Yeah i guess that CPU is meant for overclocking, but i don't really want to do that, because Im not sure how. Also i read that overclocking will void that warranty. -shrugs-

MetaDragon

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

Thank you for replying to my question in such short time! ROFL

Anyway, that made me feel better about my components. I'm a newb at this stuff :( So i wanted to make sure i get this right the first time. I did in-fact purchase the GTX 580. I was going to go for the 590, but it was almost $800 USD!! :eek: Also, it was always out of stock.

SCII is one of my favorite games, and i want to make sure my hardware can support it, so i can play to my hearts content. Lol.

Also, i want to make sure my comp is ready for TES: Skyrim! :D :D