AsRock H77 Pro, SLI Capable?

sharpshooter_992

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Is my motherboard, an AsRock H77 Pro4-M capable of supporting SLI? It says crossfire support but no SLI. Just to make sure though, because it does have 3 PCI-E slots one of which is 3.0 and the others 2.0. But if it's not capable of that, what are two good Radeon cards to Crossfire?

Solution
Nope. The second and third x16 slots only run @ x4 and x1 speed, and SLI requires that all slots that are used for SLI be at least x8 speed.

So yes, it's Crossfire capable (because slot speed doesn't matter for Crossfire), but not SLI capable.

I'm pretty sure that there aren't any H77/B75 boards that are SLI capable.

As far as AMD cards go, something in the 6870 and above and 7850 and above range are good. You can Crossfire with lesser cards, but at that point, it's just better to get a single strong card.
Nope. The second and third x16 slots only run @ x4 and x1 speed, and SLI requires that all slots that are used for SLI be at least x8 speed.

So yes, it's Crossfire capable (because slot speed doesn't matter for Crossfire), but not SLI capable.

I'm pretty sure that there aren't any H77/B75 boards that are SLI capable.

As far as AMD cards go, something in the 6870 and above and 7850 and above range are good. You can Crossfire with lesser cards, but at that point, it's just better to get a single strong card.

Solution

sharpshooter_992

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

Ugh... Great now I can't SLI the 570... Either have to get a new Nvidia Card or get two cheaper Radeon cards.

But thanks!