Desk top

I noticed on my desk top that the icon names have
suddenly a grey background and it was a transparent
background or no background before. I don't know how to
restore it back and I tried system restore and still did
not work. I also checked with Microsoft support here in
Egypt and they were not able to fix it!

Could you please help me?

I have windows xp professional

Thanks so much
Hassan
1 answer Last reply
More about desk

    Hi Hassan,

    Checkpoints to consider:

    1) Right click on desktop >> arrange icons by >> uncheck "Lock Web items on desktop"

    2) Right click on My Computer >> Properties >> Advanced tab >> Settings under 'Performance' >> check
    "Use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop".

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations