Can a graphics card with 2 GPUs be used on one monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

A lot depends on your system's architecture, but the simple answer is yes.

You can use GPU-z to measure the load placed on each GPU while gaming.

I run two GPUs separately which reach the high 90%s GPU load while gaming. The dual-GPU cards are similar, though a little less powerful, than two individual cards with the same GPUs, but operate using the same SLI or crossfire technology. Most newer games (2009-ish and after) take advantage of SLI technology.

werbo

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
Are you referring to the gtx 590, radeon 5970, or the radeon 6990 ? Both gpu's contribute to the whole if I'm not mistaken, which offers better stability compared to sli :p

randomkid

Distinguished

The answer from werbo is correct. two GPU's packaged into a single video card can be used on one monitor. But two (2) discrete video cards can also be used on one monitor via SLI or Crossfire.

Now, if you mean "full computing power" is 100% of 1st GPU+100% of 2nd GPU, then the answer is mostly no. Adding a 2nd Video Card in Crossfire or SLI usually do not double the fps in games. In some games, the fps increase considerably ( assuming the same setting ) but in many games, the increment is just a fraction of what a single card provides.

A lot depends on your system's architecture, but the simple answer is yes.

You can use GPU-z to measure the load placed on each GPU while gaming.

I run two GPUs separately which reach the high 90%s GPU load while gaming. The dual-GPU cards are similar, though a little less powerful, than two individual cards with the same GPUs, but operate using the same SLI or crossfire technology. Most newer games (2009-ish and after) take advantage of SLI technology.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.