Need need new 24 pin adater that has a 3 pin with it

Iain1979

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
Hi all,
My case is a cosmo s series.. now it comes with a 24 pin connecter with a 3 pin from it to.. the 24 pin goes to motherbored fom the 24 pin PSU cable it an adapter and the 3 pin connect to case power cable for the senstive power switch. I broke mine beyond repair... any ideas where i can get a new cable form.. please help i seacrh everywhere even on coolmaster site no sign of it...
Thanks iin advance

Are you any good with a soldering iron and a crimping tool.
All you need is a pair of wires and you can very easily reconnect the switch. It uses 2 Black and one yellow straight from the 24 Pin mobo power connector.

faq-080324-01.jpg

The only place you might be able to get it would at Coolermaster's outlets itself or else you will have to settle for either making one yourself or then going to a repair shop and asking them to make it.
You couldn't possibly damage the Mobo cable if you were even ok with a pair of pliers and a soldering iron.

Anyway you can buy a few extension cables from here and experiment with it if you want to and are so scared tat you might damage the main Mobo cable from the PSU.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=186&zenid=4b30295f76ec4606b564724c01ab884a

You can also write straight to coolermaster at support@coolermaster.nl

Iain1979

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
can i buy a normal 24 pin connector (extended connect that to the 24 pin from psu and use that to connect the wirees thou dont have soldering equipment. i look on coolmaster i cant see it on there website.. rubbish they dont sell spares... ur help is apreciated bud

Yes you can buy a standard extension and solder those Switch wires on to the same designated ones on the extension cable that came with the case. It's not a big job, and really actually very simple, the trick is only not to cut all the cables at once.
Remove one cable(from the old extension) and connect it to the same place on the extension(new one) then the next and the next.
Unplug the original extension and plug the new one you just made. and try it on.
If you want to be even more safe. Photograph the original cable from all possible angles to let you see where , which , wire is connected and then go about doing the job.

Iain1979

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
well... coolermaster is sending me one... believe it when i see it... still thou gonna have a go at soldering one so i have a spare.. but funny enought i plug it in last night even thou one of the ping is broken and it working fine at mo..it 2nd pin in from the right as if u are faceing the front of the mobo... red cable i think.... but again thanks for ur help