hassan

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2002

I noticed on my desk top that the icon names have
suddenly a grey background and it was a transparent
background or no background before. I don't know how to
restore it back and I tried system restore and still did
not work. I also checked with Microsoft support here in
Egypt and they were not able to fix it!

Could you please help me?

I have windows xp professional

Thanks so much
Hassan

Click on the Start button
Select Control Panel
Then select Performance and Maintenance/Adjust Visual Effects/"Use drop shadows
for icon labels on the Desktop".
Classic - Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance/Settings
If this still doesn't do the trick, right-click the desktop, point to Arrange
Icons By and make sure that Lock Web Items on Desktop is un-checked
if that doesn't fix it
Right click on desktop. Select Properties, then open Desktop tab.
Click on the Customize Desktop button, then open the Web tab.
Delete everything in the Web Pages box except, My Current Home Page.
Press OK, then Apply, and maybe OK again.
You may have to restart for settings to take effect.

"Hassan" <hag@matrix.com.eg> wrote in message
> I noticed on my desk top that the icon names have
> suddenly a grey background and it was a transparent
> background or no background before. I don't know how to
> restore it back and I tried system restore and still did
> not work. I also checked with Microsoft support here in
> Egypt and they were not able to fix it!
>
> Could you please help me?
>
> I have windows xp professional
>
> Thanks so much