Onboard audio vs USB audio

professorturtle

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
It varies. I assume when you say 'better audio' - you mean better sound quality. What speaker set do you have at the moment? You'd notice more of an improvement if you upgraded your speakers rather than the soundcard. Do you need the 7.1 of the Sweex? For the average user - a better soundcard will barely make the difference; especially if it's modern like your mobo (the BIOS revisions only date back to nov 2011).

I would be more willing to go with the Creative rather than the Sweex. But then again - I wouldn't buy either card. I'd just stick with onboard, you wouldn't notice that much difference imho (then again, you should listen to both before you make your decision). ;p

In a nutshell - upgrade your speakers, then your soundcard to get the best results.

d4l3

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
I have good headphones but the ports on my motherboard for audio have stopped working. So I don't know weather to pay to fix them or to just buy a new external card.

professorturtle

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

Get the creative.
---------------------------

the long story: Get the Creative - unless of course it's free to replace the mobo audio. It'll most likely be cheaper to get the Creative rather than get the mobo fixed. Less hassle aswell. The Creative SHOULD be better than onboard - not by alot though.