How do I unsubscribe from one specific post only?

rockerrb

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
The email I got from from forums@tomshardware.com says:
"To unsubscribe from this email alert, click on the envelop icon at the top-right corner of the topic discussion."
The only envelop icon that I can find anywhere on the page is located in the top center of the first page of the article. It is used to email someone a link to the article. It is not used to unsubscribe from anything. Where is the envelope icon that is used to unsubscribe from ONE DISSCUSSION THREAD ONLY?

I've never used this link:
http://www.tomshardware.com/membres/?action=manageProfile&section=forumOptions
because I DO NOT WANT to unsubscribe from ALL disscussion threads. I want to be able to unsubscribe from them on a per thread basis as the email says I can do as stated here:
"To unsubscribe from this email alert, click on the envelop icon at the top-right corner of the topic discussion."

I've been using your site for 10 years

Ryan
Denver

randomizer

Champion
Are you talking about article or forum discussions? You can't unsubscribe from article discussions (you just need to not subscribe to begin with), but for forum ones just go to the thread and click the envelope icon. Unfortunately the emails are universal for article discussions and the forum, which makes them misleading.

that_aznpride101

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2005
I have the exact same issue as rockerrb. I'm subscribed to a Tom's News article discussion and I was looking for a way to unsubscribe from it as I've been getting a TON of emails because people keep adding comments to the article. I came across this thread coincidentally using the TH search bar and I'm disappointed to find out there's no way to unsubscribe from article comments. Would it be possible to add this feature to TH?

theBoosh

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Yeah, me too. The emails just keep coming in and it's getting annoying. I'm going to have unsubscribe from ALL emails here pretty soon. There shouldn't even need to be an envelope icon, there should just be a coded link in the email that takes you to a confirmation page.