Today's top 10 most popular portable games!

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Things are heating up!

PSP

7.5 Namco Museum Battle Collection
6.5 Death Jr.
6.9 Untold Legends
7.3 Midnight Club 3
8.2 Metal Gear Acid
9.0 Lumines
6.6 Coded Arms
8.8 Wipeout Pure
8.3 Ridge Racer
7.9 Need for Speed Underground

7.7 Average

DS

9.1 Nintendogs: Chiuahua and Friends
9.2 Advance Wars
?.? Ossu! Tatakae! Ouendan!
9.1 Nintendogs: Dachshund and Friends
9.1 Nintendogs: Labrador and Friends
8.4 Super Mario 64 DS
7.1 Pac 'n Roll
8.5 Meteos
8.6 Kirby
7.3 The Urbz

8.5 Average
8 answers Last reply
More about today popular portable games
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Fred Liken wrote:

    > 9.1 Nintendogs: Chiuahua and Friends
    > 9.1 Nintendogs: Dachshund and Friends
    > 9.1 Nintendogs: Labrador and Friends

    Having three versions of the same game in the list certainly helps the DS's
    average.

    -Z-
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:57:30 -0400, "Zackman"
    <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote:

    >Fred Liken wrote:
    >
    >> 9.1 Nintendogs: Chiuahua and Friends
    >> 9.1 Nintendogs: Dachshund and Friends
    >> 9.1 Nintendogs: Labrador and Friends
    >
    >Having three versions of the same game in the list certainly helps the DS's
    >average.

    Have to hand it to the marketing department at Nintendo though. Instead of
    sticking together small, medium and larger breeds in their own cartridge
    they mixed and matched to try and get more sales. I figured I'd get the
    Labrador version and probably end up with Retrievers and German Shepherds
    but nope, they're each in the other versions. Then again I figured they
    could have gotten all three versions onto just one card. Oh well. Still an
    interesting idea for a game.

    --
    Scott
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Scott wrote:

    > On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:57:30 -0400, "Zackman"
    > <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote:
    >
    > >Fred Liken wrote:
    > >
    > >> 9.1 Nintendogs: Chiuahua and Friends
    > >> 9.1 Nintendogs: Dachshund and Friends
    > >> 9.1 Nintendogs: Labrador and Friends
    > >
    > >Having three versions of the same game in the list certainly helps the DS's
    > >average.
    > >
    > Have to hand it to the marketing department at Nintendo though. Instead of
    > sticking together small, medium and larger breeds in their own cartridge
    > they mixed and matched to try and get more sales. I figured I'd get the
    > Labrador version and probably end up with Retrievers and German Shepherds
    > but nope, they're each in the other versions. Then again I figured they
    > could have gotten all three versions onto just one card. Oh well. Still an
    > interesting idea for a game.

    You can unlock the other breeds on the one cart with enough trainer
    points or by wirelessly communicating with a DS with a different cart
    and playing with the breeds you don't have (or at least that's what the
    FAQs say, more or less).
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message news:Nu2dnQ_Lf58pD47eRVn-ow@giganews.com...
    > Fred Liken wrote:
    >
    > > 9.1 Nintendogs: Chiuahua and Friends
    > > 9.1 Nintendogs: Dachshund and Friends
    > > 9.1 Nintendogs: Labrador and Friends
    >
    > Having three versions of the same game in the list certainly helps the DS's
    > average.

    Not by much, 8.3 with just one 9.1 rating. Anyway, it's all subjective.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    me wrote:

    > Not by much, 8.3 with just one 9.1 rating.

    You'd have to know what the other two games that would replace them would be
    to calculate a new average for the top 10.

    > Anyway, it's all
    > subjective.

    True dat. Especially since Fredericka didn't actually supply a source for
    these numbers.

    -Z-
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message

    >> Not by much, 8.3 with just one 9.1 rating.
    >
    > You'd have to know what the other two games that would replace them would
    > be to calculate a new average for the top 10.
    >
    >> Anyway, it's all
    >> subjective.
    >
    > True dat. Especially since Fredericka didn't actually supply a source for
    > these numbers.

    Gamespot's the one that compiles the "Today's most popular games". I
    thought that was common knowledge amongst the enlightened.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Fred Liken wrote:

    > Gamespot's the one that compiles the "Today's most popular games". I
    > thought that was common knowledge amongst the enlightened.

    I keep looking in my thesaurus for the part where it says enlightened is a
    synonym for dork, but I can't find it.

    All that measures is the number of page views for reviews/previews of a
    specific game, not the number of people who have bought or are playing it.
    Big deal.

    -Z-
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 04:24:17 GMT, Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:

    >Scott wrote:
    >>
    >> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:57:30 -0400, "Zackman"
    >> <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote:

    >> >Having three versions of the same game in the list certainly helps the DS's
    >> >average.
    >> >
    >> Have to hand it to the marketing department at Nintendo though. Instead of
    >> sticking together small, medium and larger breeds in their own cartridge
    >> they mixed and matched to try and get more sales. I figured I'd get the
    >> Labrador version and probably end up with Retrievers and German Shepherds
    >> but nope, they're each in the other versions. Then again I figured they
    >> could have gotten all three versions onto just one card. Oh well. Still an
    >> interesting idea for a game.
    >
    >You can unlock the other breeds on the one cart with enough trainer
    >points or by wirelessly communicating with a DS with a different cart
    >and playing with the breeds you don't have (or at least that's what the
    >FAQs say, more or less).

    Yeah I had read that last night. If so that's a good thing and I'll be a
    happy trainer. :)

    --
    Scott

Console Gaming Games Video Video Games