PC doesn't boot with dual memory but only boot with solo

hikoneko

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Hey guys,

I have built a new pc for gaming recently. It could boot with dual memory before, but after I installed a new cpu cooler and re-arranged the cables today, it doesn't boot with dual memory anymore but boot only with one memory on. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

PC Spec:
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 1600 2x8GB
CPU: i7 3770k Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9Turbo)
Mobo: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Gpu: EVGA GTX680
PSU: Corsair TX850w
SSD: Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB
Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 550D

I have never bought memory that was on the QVL for any motherboard and it always works. TheQVL is just a basic reference and what the company was able to test with the board. They do not have time to test all the ram sets that are available so the test a random selection. It's very rare to find ram that doesn't work with a particular MB.
The motherboard I have says it supports 64gb of ram and yet on the QVL I only see one 24 gb set and that's the highest, there's no 32gb set or 48gb set and no 64gb set so how is that when it says it supports up to 64gb.

hikoneko

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
inzone, I tried resetting bios and clearing the cmos, it's not working still.
I just tested both my rams and they r both running good, so neither of them is doa.

hazle, I was running with 2x8GB set before, however, after i reinstalled the cpu cooler and re-managed my cables, somehow it's not working anymore :(

What do you mean by remanaged your cables? Did you change something with the cables? Have you recheced what you did to make sure that something didn't get changed that shouldn't have. Remember something is now making your computer not work so be dilligent in checking and don't assume or rush, check thouroghly