Sign in with
Your question

Help with EyeFinity

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 20, 2011 9:10:04 PM

Hello,

I've read many topics on EyeFinity but didn't find one that applied to my specific case. I have an ATI 5570 to which I wish to hook up three monitors: two HP L185b and one Philips 202EL. The HPs only have VGA inputs, while the Philips has VGA and DVI.

Is this linkup possible? I see two ways to do it:

1. Connect 1 HP directly to VGA, the other HP through a DisplayPort to VGA adapter, and the Philips directly to DVI

2. Connect 1 HP directly to VGA, 1 HP via a generic adapter to the DVI output, and the Philips via an active DisplayPort to DVI adapter.

I have tried #2 and it isn't working, but I'm not sure if the HP DisplayPort to DVI adapter I'm using is active or not.

Any thoughts? I've had friends tell me that since my two hp monitors only have vga inputs, I can't connect any other monitors... even through an active adapter! Is that true?

Thanks a lot!

More about : eyefinity

a b U Graphics card
July 21, 2011 8:32:56 AM

No, that is not true.
What is your 5570 exact brand & model?

By the way, it appears that your monitors are not all of the same size & resolution 2 having 1360x768 and one is 1600x900. You can have 3 monitors working as extended desktops but Eyefinity may not be the best but technically it is possible but the resolution for the Philips will beat 1360x768 as well.
m
l
July 21, 2011 2:57:41 PM

The card is a Sapphire 293dp 1 GB DDR3 Radeon HD5570.

The monitors' size and resolutions are indeed different, will this be a problem? I don't plan on using this rig for gaming but for productivity/finance, so I don't really need great resolution. I just need the !@%¨@$ monitors to work.

Thanks for the help!

m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 21, 2011 5:21:36 PM

mromariz said:
The card is a Sapphire 293dp 1 GB DDR3 Radeon HD5570.

The monitors' size and resolutions are indeed different, will this be a problem? I don't plan on using this rig for gaming but for productivity/finance, so I don't really need great resolution. I just need the !@%¨@$ monitors to work.

Thanks for the help!

For productivity, 3 monitors will work just fine in Windows extended desktop mode.
m
l
!