Total shut down while playing SCII & SWTOR

Gardamun

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Hello there. I've been stratching my head trying to diagnos the problem I am having. My computer shuts off while playing the 2 video games I mention. It could happen after 10 minutes or 30 minutes. No restart, just total shut down and I can immediately reboot. I had CPUID Hardware Monitor running during the last shut down and there was nothing sifnificant about temps. I did a one hour stress test with OCCTP and no shut down occured. I did the 15 furmark Burn in test and nothing happened. The only time I experienced the shut down outside of the games was when running a test for stability with GPUTool, the comp shut down after 2 seconds of test starting. I tried the test again later and nothing happened (I've done it a few times since).

I have all new componants in the computer except for the hard drive.

I should also mention one random bit of information. Every now and then (let's say once every 4 hours) the screen does a little jerk (shake). Nothing extreme but kind of odd.

MOBO: Asus M5A88-V EVO
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Mem: DDR3, 8 gigs. Kingston
Video card: AMD Radeon 6770 1Gig DDR5
PSU: Coolmaster extreme power plus 550W

ps: I wasn't sure where to post this, I also have it under gaming

dominionz

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
It seems there is something wrong GPU wise since all you're problems are when using the actual GPU. Do you have a spare GPU to test and/or spare Power Supply? That is what I would try first since it seems as soon as power is drawn to the GPU the PC tanks.